EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Annoying neighbors  (Read 385 times)

Punomatic

• ---
    • Life in Black and Blue
Annoying neighbors
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »
We have been wanting to camp at Twanoh State Park on Washington State's Hood Canal for several years, but in the past it was first come first served, and I don't trust my luck enough to chance that in the summertime. My brother has rented the same beachfront cabin about a quarter mile from the park for a week every year for the past 28 years, so once again I checked the WA State Parks website, and wonder of wonders, they now take reservations.  We were able to snag a FHU site on short notice!

So we arrived on Monday to find the neighbors' car parked in our site. They moved it, but as soon as we got setup they moved a different car into our driveway. It is a pull thru, so I can park in the back. In the meantime, their whole clan walks thru our site, brings their large dog over to do its business, and they stand on our site and smoke. In addition, we were given a list of rules at check-in specifying "only 2 vehicles allowed per camp site." This rule was highlighted. Nevertheless, they have a MH, an SUV, a boat, and a sedan parked and spilling over onto our site.

There are about 10 people in the site. Every one of them smokes. They have a full bar set up and party into the night. DW won't set foot outside the trailer unless we are leaving the park.

It's kind of spoiling our long awaited stay at Twanoh. Rant over.   
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
DW and me and Pogo (the neurotic terrier-gone to the rainbow bridge) and Lulu (the Moxie with moxie)

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: Annoying neighbors
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
I always stay only one night first if I am going to be staying a long time. If I don't like the neighbors I move on. If I do like the neighbors then I sign up for a week. If that works out then I pay for a month. Getting stuck with lousy neighbors is horrible. Some people are just so clueless.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »
Why aren't you going to the office and complain. There's no need for you to put up with that bulls**t.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Peggyy

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:09:18 AM »
You should tell the camp office!  Maybe they could move you to a better site or maybe the jerks will leave soon!  So sorry that rude campers are spoiling your time there!
GMC Sierra 2012
2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW Travel Trailer
sweet home Alabama

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »
I'm not sure why you posted your ruined camping experience here. If it we're me I would have been to the office immediately after checking in. If they refused to do anything about it (which I doubt would be the case) I would hitch up and leave stopping at the office on the way out demanding a refund. I would report the staff to the Park HQ.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
If Washington State parks have similar rules as Minnesota, they are violating at least 4 rules.
If you're still there, please talk to the Rangers. They are employed to deal with this stuff.
Please post back (hopefully) a resolution that doesn't ruin your trip.
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

SMR

• ---
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
its terrible when you get inconsiderate neighbors- have had few over the years and they do ruin the weekend.  I have always made a call to the office and they usually come out and do something-
if the have those obvious type of violations the staff should just take care of it when they do their drive by, call and ask for the park manager as the staff is letting that slip by especially if they are highlighting it on the rules sheet.
Gonna put the world away for a minute......
Steve
2016 Bighorn 3760 EL
2015 Ford F350
me, DW and our 2 dogs

Hosted by Over The Network