Newbies here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HornesRV

We are so new that our Bullet 2510BH has not been picked up yet because my Equalizer hitch has not arrived yet. We are a family of four and just made the plunge. We will be using my 01 Tahoe for the tow vehicle until I buy a 4 door truck. Any newbie advice is welcome. HAPPY CAMPING!

Make your first camping trip in the driveway.  The next one close to a WalMart.  Keep a tablet close at hand to make notes on.

Thanks Donn. That may be tough advice to follow, but I sure see the logic in it. We have done A LOT of tent camping so we are list makers for sure.

That good, your tent camping experience is invaluable when figuring out what to pack along on your first trip. Here is on suggestion about your tow vehicle though. At 300K+ miles, make sure that the brakes and cooling system are up to the challenge of pulling the new TT.  Both systems will be working mega harder than they did just pulling your camping gear around.

Welcome to the Forum!

Do you have a Brake Controller in the Tahoe?  You will need one!

Come back for some discussion on what (How much) truck you need before you buy one, PLEASE!!

grashley said:
Do you have a Brake Controller in the Tahoe?  You will need one!

Come back for some discussion on what (How much) truck you need before you buy one, PLEASE!!

Same advice from me... it's easy to think your Tahoe will easily handle the trailer (and a 25' model shouldn't be TOO bad) but you are liable to get blown around a bit on windy days.  Make sure the loaded weight of the trailer is within the towing specs of the Tahoe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom