Shortstop Mini Circuit Breakers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

H5-Phil

I'm having no luck finding these items on Google.  I'm hoping someone might know where to get them.

They are located at the front of our 2004 Alumascape, just downstream from the battery bank.  The failed mini CBer is labeled on the side with 12V K17 06A  It appears to power our LPG gas detector.

The other 2 are shown attached in a photo -

Attachments

• ShortstopMiniCircuitBreaker.JPG
    ShortstopMiniCircuitBreaker.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 21
Will this work for you?

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/circuit-breaker/duralast-circuit-breaker/420595_0_0

I'm sure you're probably looking for a plastic case, but the metal ones will work just fine.
SeilerBird's link shows that Bussman doesn't have the plastic case ones in 6 amp. 10 is as small as they go.

Search over, thanks for the links guys.

I was apparently ignoring what was right in front of me.  I wanted the exact item with the same labeling. 

Having never dealt with this circuit breaker I was being overly cautious...

Thanks again,

Phil

Auto Zone, Discount Auto. O'RIlley's, NAPA, Most any auto parts store.

May be a different brand, but all work more or less the same.

two ways they work.. one (I think SHORTSTOP does this) does not reset till the power is removed. Others will work like a very very slow flasher.

Thanks.
I checked and none near me had anything near a 6A.  Besides, at that point in my search I was looking to find the exact match.  With my limited electrical background (turning on a light switch) I get really nervous when replacing anything that's doesn't match.  For instance, the circuit breaker I'm replacing has a small 'bat' stamped near the post at one end of the the mini breaker and was connected to the battery side of things.  I have NO IDEA why the battery has to connect to that post but apparently it's important enough that they stamp the breaker... 

Thanks again,

Phil

John From Detroit said:
Auto Zone, Discount Auto. O'RIlley's, NAPA, Most any auto parts store.

May be a different brand, but all work more or less the same.

two ways they work.. one (I think SHORTSTOP does this) does not reset till the power is removed. Others will work like a very very slow flasher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom