Bizarre coincidence yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

My RV is parked right next to a pretty lagoon filled with wildlife. The lagoon is about 200 yards around and is fed by a canal about 20 feet wide. I have a superb view of the lagoon from my living room chair so I can watch the wildlife during commercials. I also have a nice view of the lagoon from my chair at the kitchen table so I can watch the wildlife during lunch (I only eat one meal a day). Yesterday I was enjoying lunch while enjoying the view when I noticed an RV parked in the lagoon. The banks are steep and there is no boat ramp so there is no way for an RV to get into the lagoon. I looked at it for a minute and it bugged me so I went outside to investigate it closer. Well there was no wind and the lagoon was mirror flat and I was looking at a reflection of my neighbor. How embarrassing.

Now this is not a very exciting story until about two hours later I was watching The Blues Brothers movie and in the movie the Blues Brothers are being chased by a country western band that lives in a motorhome. The chase ends with the motorhome driving through a metal building and getting launched into a lagoon. The next shot is the motorhome in the lagoon looking almost identical to the view I had seen two hours earlier. Cue The Twilight Zone music. :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's a good one, Tom.  A perfect reflection is amazing to behold and, in this case, a bit on the eerie side.  ::)

ArdraF

It's that stuff you did in an earlier life coming back to get you! ;D

Rene T said:
You didn't take a picture?
Well I have no brains therefore I get no headaches. Here is the photo. The photo is a bit blurrier than it looked when I first saw it because the lagoon was perfectly flat when I first saw it and it is not completely flat in the photo.

Attachments

• MIrage.jpg
    MIrage.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 72
Despite your blurred image I can absolutely see how,upon a glance,  you would have thought an  RV to be  IN that lagoon.  Good story, thanks  for sharing!

Betty - It was not a glance. I was sitting there staring at it in disbelief for a few minutes before I went outside. I knew there could not be an RV in the lagoon but I was totally fooled.

Not an RV but Ive done the same thing other objects. Its amazing how the reflections are perfect when conditions just right

Tom, congratulations on the 20+ years alcohol free! 8) My father was an alcoholic also. The younger of my two brothers and I saw ourselves heading down the same road and we both quit drinking about the same time. One of the best decisions I ever made.

kdbgoat said:
Tom, congratulations on the 20+ years alcohol free! 8) My father was an alcoholic also. The younger of my two brothers and I saw ourselves heading down the same road and we both quit drinking about the same time. One of the best decisions I ever made.
Thank you but being alcohol free for 20 years is no big deal. I have never drank a beer in my life and all the alcohol I have drank in my life would fit in a gallon wine bottle. I cannot stand the smell or the taste of booze. I am glad you got to quit.

Back
Top Bottom