I shouldn't have looked...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, here I am a year later and now the owner of our first MH. Although the bear may be convulsing a bit for turning loose of the money, she has been onboard from the get-go, with one stipulation. We had to be able to take all of the grandchildren, five of them. Knowing that the field was narrowed to bunkhouses, I had my work cut out for me if I wanted to spend less than 50K. Another issue to deal with was crappy TV placement (it's like it's an afterthought to the mfrs.). The Bear has had both lumbar and cervical fusions, so looking up and/or to the side is very uncomfortable for her. We needed the TV on the bathroom wall facing forward, so she could watch straight on from the pilot or co-pilot seat. This narrowed the field even more. I did eventually discover that the Fleetwood Terra ticked those boxes so I concentrated mostly on that model. Eventually, I found one about 300 miles away and made an overnight trip to look at it. Long story short, it's 30' away in the driveway right now. I paid a lot less than 50K and got the TOAD (2013 Ford Fiesta 5 speed.) with it. I really didn't need or want the car, but I thought I got a better deal taking it and I wanted the tow bar because I already had a towable car.

In the end, I'm pretty dang stoked right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 45
I just now read through most of the entire thread and really enjoyed seeing your update. Congratulations on your new adventures! Hope you all have safety on the road and make lots of great memories!

You can start with camping right there in the driveway. Make belive you are 50 miles from home. Have a notepad handey to wright down things you actually need. It is a lot easier to go back in the house for that can opener than drive someware from the campground. I would make a list on the first several trips and work the list when you get back. :))
Bill

First, here was my scenario...Our plan was to buy in November 2018...but we saw the perfect RV for us.  We picked it up in June 2018.  No regrets.

Mother in Law (who is 90) said," You are best to do it now while you still can, you have no idea what the future holds.  Do it now".

Again, no regrets - 4 trips under our belt and everyday we want to just pack up and leave.

Do it....do it now!

Congratulations, it looks very nice.  Let us know how your first trip goes!

Oh and thanks for coming back and posting an update!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom