Reese hitches VS others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pugapooh

I get the impression that Reese hitches are frowned upon.  Am I right?  Can someone tell me why?  And why Curt and Anderson seem to be preferred.  Thanks.

When I was researching hitches last year I don't remember seeing any specific negatives about Reese and I don't think I've seen them frowned upon here on the forum, either. I see a lot of them in RV parks/campgrounds. The Andersen is a totally different design and while I prefer it, it's popularity on the market is low compared to traditional hitches. There are a few of us here on the forum that have one. I'm sure everyone has their favorite brand but I've never used a traditional 5th wheel hitch so I could not tell you the pros and cons of each.

there is nothing wrong with a Reese hitch ive sold thousands of them its just preference,they used have  a single jaw which was problematic however they now use a double jaw system - i sold them both and the issues  have been resolved i use a Curt personally and it work fine no issues 

Don't know where you got that impression. It's perhaps the most commonly known brand, so you will read more about alternatives than about people who bought the Reese brand. Andersen is pushing their products and gets a lot of press lately, but other brands are fine too. Curt, Husky, B&W, etc.  all have excellent hitches in various price ranges.  Obviously you won't get all the nice features if you choose a lower priced model, but the full-featured ones are all solid performers.

Maybe - it's easy to do when viewing info on the internet.  There is a certain cachet in denigrating the more mainstream brand and buying something a little out of the ordinary. And other brands often tout their features & capabilities as if the other guys product were lacking them.

That said, newer companies like Andersen try to be innovative to set themselves apart from the more established brands. Sometimes that results in significant improvements, but sometimes its just a different way of doing things. Or even just a different way of describing it.

I've had mine in 3 trucks for the last 10 years with no problems.
It has a good pivot action that allows hooking/ unhooking even when to lined up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom