Mesa Ridge/ Open Range 328 BHS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redrockerstl55

Hi Everyone,

Rather new to the forum but learning a ton each day from all of you!

I have done several searches for info on the forums for this TT and received zero results. 

My guess is because it's a bit of a newer floorplan.

Does anyone have any experience with this model?

What would be your pro's vs con's for a Mesa Ridge/ Open Range product?  What to look out for.  What to be aware of. 

We will be doing some cold weather camping in Northern Indiana in December/January and being in St Louis area definitely hot summer camping. 

Thank you for any and all feedback. 

Much appreciated. 

Dan

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, I can not answer your question directly, but I can give more general thoughts and push this to the top of the thread.

THE MOST IMPORTANT factor in any purchase is the Floor Plan.  It seems it is if you are asking this question.

The Open Range brand is generally well thought of here.  The quality of the Mesa Ridge line will not vary much between models.  They all use the same components and come down the same assembly line with the same workers.

Do a VERY thorough Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI).  There WILL be things that need fixed.  Most places will get the work done much faster if making a sale depends on it!  PDI's may be found in the Library.  Click the tab near the top of the page.

Welcome to the Forum, Dan.

You're probably already aware of this, but just in case....  The 328 BHS is a hefty hunk o' TT.  You're going to have a hitch tongue weight of 1,400 - 1,750 lbs (12% - 15% of the GVWR).  So one of the cons is the impressive tow setup that will be required.  You're going to need a very substantial WD hitch.  You'll also need some pulling power (I'd sure be thinking diesel) and, to control the beast, a good, long wheelbase for your truck.  I mention this only because there have been the occasional stories of people who have bought the trailer of their dreams, then found they couldn't afford the truck necessary to safely pull it.

Back
Top Bottom