1990 fleetwood flair fuse junction box location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ToddMaranda

Hi we are the owners of a 1990 fleetwood flair 26' built on the Oshkosh frame with the ford 460 7.5  we have been having issues with it for the past two months as we have been driving around the country. the latest have been with the electrical systems. the ignition system is dodgy at best and we can only find the one fuse cluster mounted under the dash between the two front seats.and the one under the dinette seat by the closet. the one I'm looking for is the fuse junction box that every one keeps telling me is mounted on the drivers side firewall or wheel well. now i do wear glasses but i swear i am not seeing that junction box anywhere in that engine compartment.I tried calling the manufacturer even talked to their service center and no one had a clue where it might be. so I'm hoping someone out there has a suggestion where to look  thank you for your help
Todd and heather 

Welcome!!

I think you may have a small terminology problem. The box usually found on the firewall is an automotive fuse panel or box, not a junction box, and is enclosed (has a lid). The lid usually has a chart with all the fuse positions labelled etc. inside.

It contains fuses and small relays for the chassis usually. It will NOT be in the wheel well where the tire is but may well be in the engine compartment and mounted on the wheel well or on the firewall itself. You may well have found it under the dash though. One way to spot it is to put on the emergency (4 way) flashers or turn signal and find out where the clicking is coming from.

The fuse box under the dinette is most likely for the house portion of the RV, it may have fuses (12V) and circuit breakers (120V).

The dodgy ignition system is likely a need for new spark plug wires, a new set of plugs and things like that, not stuff found in the fuse box.

HTH and good luck

Okay you guys. Please define dodgy. I used to be a certified auto tech. I never heard an ignition described as "dodgy".

On my 1992 26' Flair built on a GM chassis, the entire instrument cluster is hinged, flipping it up / forward reveals the automotive style fuse block and a rats nest of wiring.
Even though I am GM and you are Ford, Fleetwood likely assembled things similar.

Give it a look.

Part of your problem is Ford/Chevy chassis owners trying to tell you where things are on your Oshkosh chassis. They key up on your 7.5 460 engine and think all things Ford. Freightliner purchased Oshkosh and can help you with your issues as there are not very many on the forums with Oshkosh knowledge.

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom