2016 View 24J HDTV Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacmania

My antenna connection has always been on/off since purchase. Now it is off. There is no power to Jack antenna and the (blue)Coax between the wall switch and jack antenna shows open. The schematic shows a connector between antenna and switch. Where is that connector? Where are the wires run thru the roof? I wanted to check everything before I rip the Jack antenna off roof to check the connections there. Thank you

Not sure about the Jack antenna but for the batwing style, the only wire from the little box power supply and the antenna itself is the  coaxial cable. The power to the antenna uses the centre connector and the shield of the coax to power the amp in the head of the antenna itself. The TV signal from the antenna used the same coax cable. There are no splitters in that portion of the cable in most cases.

In many cases the coax cable from the park cable entrance also goes to that same power supply. When the power is on (button pushed in) the coax is effectively connected from the antenna to the TV. When the button is off, the Cable connection is connected through to the TV. The portion of the coax from the TV to the little box is common to both antenna and cable connections. The little box also has a  fused 12V and ground wires connection to it.

You should be able to dismount the little box and check the system there.

I hope all this also applies to the Jack antenna as well!!

Thanks Alpha I think I know how it works. Mine is not getting 12V to amplifier directly under antenna. The (blue Tape) wire from wall switch box to amplifier is open. The Winnebago electrical schematic shows a connector between the wall switch and antenna. I thought if I could check this it would save me taking antenna apart on roof. I have a photograph from installation manual on manufacturer web site showing the connection in base of antenna. It's a "T" 1 coax from wall switch (blue tape) 1 coax to Antenna and 1 coax to amplifier in coach directly below antenna. If I short coax in coach at amplifier it does not show short at wall switch. It is open.

I have taken off all panels above fridge and have not found the  (blue) coax antenna wire yet. I did find the radio antenna entry to roof and it did have a barrel connector mating the coach wire to antenna wire. I'll keep looking for the (blue) coax jack antenna wire run.

Never found wire run in wall but, Found the problem at antenna base. There is a signal splitter at base of antenna 1 wire coax antenna head; 1 wire coax from wall switch; and 1 wire coax attenuator box directly under antenna. Bad connection at splitter all 3 cables. Cables tested good. Now all I have to do is seal it up from the looks of what I'm reading about it that is also clear as mud with everyone having their own personal favorite seal method.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom