Satellite Antennas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butchiiii

Hi folks,
Want to purchase a "King Tailgater" sat antenna this weekend. It comes with the Dish ViP 211z
HD receiver at no addtional cost. Does anyone have  experience with this unit? I have a Dish
subscription at home and can add the 2nd receiver for $5 a month.
Thanks for the input.  8)

Yes works great, have receiver ser# and card# and the unit up and running then call Dish and add to account and activate, You may need to activate each outing.

The Tailgater is limited to receiving only the three satellites Dish has in the western arc, which will limit your aiming opportunities on sites with large trees around. Western arc only will also limit local channel availability in some areas east of the Mississippi. In my opnion, Winegard's Pathway X2 is a better choice since it can use either the eastern or western arcs and also has a larger dish for fewer rain fade problems. The X2 also supports two receivers if you decide to go that route in the future for a second TV. It does cost a little more, but overall I believe it's worth it.

As the other person said. Limited to the western ARC.. and also a Single Receiver. NO "DOME" Type, portable or otherwise, works well with multiple DISH receivers.

THe Winegard Pathfinder X-2 works with both Eastern and Western ARC, it's also a bigger reflector (More antenna gain) Giving stronger signals....

HOWEVER.. For most of us. I don't think you will notice the difference

We have the Winegard's Pathway X2 as NY_Dutch mentioned and love it. Setup is a breeze and it is very handy to have a choice to use Eastern or Western Arc. Even when it rains cats and dogs the signal will stay. Thunderstorms, however, can cut the signal.

The King Tailgater can be mounted on the roof, the Winegard's Pathway X2 cannot because it is a bigger dish. Storage can be a burden too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom