Talin RV ? Home of the Guardian Plate ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS COMPANY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliver quibble

HI,
This company is a supplier for awning material and other RV products. I have read where people on this site have used their awning fabrics and were satisfied.

? 2016 talinrv.com | 13475 Chambord St. Brooksville, FL 34613 | 352-942-2653 | [email protected]

What I am interested in from the people sharing this forum are there Guardian Plates. They are metal plates that run along the bottom of the slide to stop water from entering and preventing your slide floor from rotting. Their web sites stated the problem occurs mainly on Monaco & Holiday Rambler built coaches. Their web site has how to measure and YouTube has a video for the installation of the guardian plates.

Has anyone used this product? Did you find it an easy task?

I do not think I have the tools or the aptitude to undertake this task, BUT if there are others out there who have, then let me know
Thanks,
Oliver

Well, Monaco/HR definitely did have a problem with slide bottoms rotting out, and it's a very expensive fix. I've seen a couple products intended to reduce that water intrusion, but don't know how well they really work. By the time a buddy of mine installed a water diverter (not the Guardian) on his '04 Endeavor, it was already too late. Later we discovered that a window in his slideout had a small but persistent leak, so not sure the diverter would have saved him anyway.

The Talin Plates look pretty simple to install. Maybe a friend with a drill and some basic DIY skills could help you? Or most any handyman guy? Doesn't appear to need any RV knowledge - just basic skills with hand tools.

Back
Top Bottom