TC BW Management 101

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doc Roads

Greetings ... new to posting ... long time lurker ... and now I'm within a year of pulling the trigger on retirement.  I'm still in the analysis phase of which TC to settle on for Full Time mobile living ... choosing TC for the usual reasons ... access, flexibility, etc. ...the current focus is gray/black water management.  This choice impacts the brands and models available to choose.

Given the size of the typical BW tank and a boondocking scenario, I'm leaning toward the cassette toilet.  I don't want to break camp to dump the BW before we are ready to break camp.  So, my concept of BW operations is to have a couple cassettes and shuttle them to a dump locale.  TC is off, truck is free to shuttle ... comments welcome ...

Are there other alternative ways and means?  Blue Boy tank?  :p

-doc

Just a thought, but where are you planning to store the extra cassettes? They aren't the most sanitary items so you need to be mindful that other items in your storage will potentially come in contact with the bacteria from the cassettes.

Very valid concern ... I appreciate the comment.

My initial plan is to bag it during transit from one site to another ... Intend to have a small trailer with the additional items and it travels bagged inside ... not more than one extra ... This is not an idea I really like ... BW is not a pleasant task for the most part.  :p

I'm looking for other ideas .... Objective is be able to stay in an austere location for a couple weeks then break camp and move on  ... Trying to avoid shuttling the whole rig just to dump the BW before we're ready to leave. 

Note: Alternatives involving a shovel have already been vetoed by a higher authority ...  :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom