HWH Levellers jack spring broken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrits

The motorhome is up on the jacks and level.  One of the springs on the front has just broke (scaring the pants off us).  The question is will the offset pull of the remaining spring be damaging to the jack if I hit the store button?  If it's ok to hit the store button how do I get the jack up high enough to get the scissors jack from my Suzuki under the jack pad if the remaining spring won't bring it up?

TIA

Don't hit the store button till you're ready to leave. As soon as you do that other spring will make a loud bang too as it pulls the bottom plate off the jack. If it is a kick down jack you will have to get a way to hold it up in place while you travel. You will have to do something to get it retracted too. Be very careful working around that thing, it stores a lot of power, and WILL HURT you or someone else.

thebrits said:
The motorhome is up on the jacks and level.  One of the springs on the front has just broke (scaring the pants off us).  The question is will the offset pull of the remaining spring be damaging to the jack if I hit the store button?  If it's ok to hit the store button how do I get the jack up high enough to get the scissors jack from my Suzuki under the jack pad if the remaining spring won't bring it up?

TIA
I bet that did make some noise. ;) Like Charlie said don't do it till you are ready to leave. It should come up with just one spring. I would spray and wipe it and all your jack struts with silicone or just old WD40 to make them come up easier.
Bill

One way to prevent the other spring from being ripped out from under the jack is to insert wedges into the other spring before you hit retract. This will stop the spring from being able to retract. You then could just undo the spring and use a lever to raise the jack. Leave the wedges in the other spring until you get the second one, then replace them both. This trick is on the rv geek utube. It shows them repairing the jack springs because they have came off, but the principal is the same.  Here is a link to the video. Good luck.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3R8b2wH_U

Back
Top Bottom