1993 MH Exhaust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoeky_b

I need to replace my exhaust system on the MH. Is it a federal law to have a catalytic converter on the system? can I run a straight pipe and muffler?

IF it had one from the factory, and IF you have to have the vehicle inspected where you have it registered, then most likely it WILL need a converter to pass. Why would you not want one? It won't be anymore fuel efficient without it, and it may stink without it. 

hoeky_b said:
I need to replace my exhaust system on the MH. Is it a federal law to have a catalytic converter on the system? can I run a straight pipe and muffler?

Do you have to have an inspection to renew license/registration now? If not, you can remove the cat convertor (it may not be Fedrally legal) but, the county won't know the difference. Also, you may have an engine light come on when the pcm doesn't detect a correct reading from the O2 sensors. And, if the O2 sensors give the wrong readings the pcm could default to a richer fuel mixture, totally killing fuel economy. If the cat is plugged it can really overheat and reduce power substancially. I would then look for a hi-flow cat convertor, much cheaper than OEM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom