Location of Fuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lordismyshepherd

We have a 2001 Monaco Signature with a Norcold 1200LRIM.  The unit will not power done.  I am trying to locate the fuse that powers it. I've looked in the left side fuse panel but the drawing doesn't show a fuse for the refrigerator.  Anyone know where I might find a more complete drawing, even better which fuse it is, or another way I could power off the unit?

Welcome to The RV Forum!

The left side fuse panel are the chassis fuses, the house distribution fuses should be in the bedroom overhead cabinet.  Here's a link to the 2001 Signature Owners Manual with the fuse panel information on page 208.  It's a large download but has lots of good information about your motorhome if you don't already have a copy:

http://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/manuals/2001_Signature.pdf

There are also 12 volt and 120 volt fuses inside the refrigerator, on the control board.  Here's a link to the refrigerator's service manual:

http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/SM_1200-Series_618968C_022707.pdf

Page 40 shows the circuit board on the lower left rear of the refrigerator (access through the outside wall vent).  Have you checked for 12 volts on the DC power terminals?  If it's there, the problem is in the refrigerator, not the external fuse.

There are AC and DC fuses on the circuit board, the DC fuse is a standard twin pin automotive 5 amp fuse.  If it's blown there won't be any control voltage to the board and the refrigerator will be dead.  The AC fuse controls power to the AC heating element, the refrigerator won't cool in electric mode if it's blown.

I suspect that you or a previous owner may have had a Norcold recall installed. Not sure which model Norcolds had this 'improvement' but...  If so, looking at the back of the of the fridge through the outside door, there will be a small black box with a red led light on it. If this light is on, then that is the reason your fridge has no power. It can be reset by passing a magnet closely over the top of the black box. It will click and the light will extinguish. If this happens often then you will need an Norcold authorized technician to replace the box.

2kGeorgieBoy said:
ALPHA....although the OP misspelled either "down" or "on" as "done, in the last sentence he/she wants to turn the unit off.

Good catch, you are correct!!

Back
Top Bottom