Extend-A-Stay Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gravoistrade

Different Problem - My "New to me RV" already has the extend a stay "T" between the on board tank and regulator as it should be. When I connect a 40# external tank (12' hose)'to the fitting after closing the on board tank valve then open the external tank valve everything works as it should except for the furnace. The fan will come on but no flame for heat. The igniter works and it sounds like ignition happens but then goes out.
Will do this three times then the furnace shuts down. Works as should with the main (on board) tank on. ???? Not enough Flow thru the extend a stay line ??

make sure you do not have a pressure regulator on the portable tank.... it already has a pressure regulator.

Just a bare 40# Tank no regulator. Used it on my previous MH with no probs. Had a propane Gen on it also and could run the gen, furnace, water heater and cook at same time with no issues. ?? This one has me stumped.  8)

Does the secondary tank have enough propane in it? A 12' line should not be a problem for a tank with enough propane, but it might be worth trying another line - just to be sure.

Kev

I also thought it might be a low tank so had it topped. No change. I agree that 12' should not be a prob but even though its a pain maybe I'll try to get a shorter one. Guy at the propane shack suggested my regulator could be bad - so why does it work when the main tank is on? I am confused! The water heater blasts away on the outside tank and I turned all the range burners on high before lighting off the water heater - works fine. Like I said am Confused!

Our Extend-A-Stay came with a 5' hose with a soft nose POL on the outside cylinder end, and a 12' hose for the grill connection with a throwaway type cylinder fitting on the end. The only time I've had a flow problem using the outside cylinder is when I opened the valve too quickly and tripped the high flow safety shut off. Turning it back off and relieving the pressure, and then turning the valve back on slowly corrected the problem.

Back
Top Bottom