Packing Fishing Rods in a 5'er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cougar3514v

I was wondering if anyone had a good way to store their fishing rods in an RV.  I'm tired of having them get banged around in the basement.  Some of the rods we have that break down can fit in the coat closet, but a couple of them don't break down and won't fit.

-Dave

I always look for a place to install some rod racks, either vertical or horizontal. There is usually some place - a closet, a corner, a basement wall, etc. Sometimes they only fit when broken down and sometimes you can find a long enough (or tall enough) space. Second choice is a hard rod case, which could be as simple as a 6" PVC pipe with a cap on each end. You may even be able to sling it under the frame if there is no room inside.

Had 1 motorhome I attached some plastic pipe under the and slide them into them.  Worked.

Dan built a rack at the top of our basement storage compartment.  It holds fishing rods, skis, kayak paddles, and a few other long items. 

Most sporting goods stores carry those rubber wall mounted fishing rod holders. Buy a couple and screw them into the overhead in one of your across-the-width storage bays or on the wall in one of your closets. They will hold the rods securely out of the way.
Now, tackle boxes are a different story, I have three large ones and they take up a lot of room.

Woody

Thanks for all of your replies, guys.  I screwed some hooks into the top of the front basement of the 5'er where a rod case will hang nicely.  Thanks again!

-Dave

We put those swin noodles on the bottom and then wrap the reels with the small terry cloth rags you can buy then bungy them this works for us pretty good. Our rods you can not break down.

Best of luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom