2011 Jayco 256 RKS eagle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TEC

I my new to me Jayco has a leak when I hook up the water line for helping to clean the black tank while dumping that tank, and then I started smelling a musky smell afterwards. This trailer has the underbelly wrap and is slightly sagging in the area where the water line is. Couple questions, can the insulation material be purchased and how do I go about replacing it? The hose should be simple once I get to it.This is one of a couple things but have been able to fix most of the other things. One other thing, the pump is way louder than the previous one on my other trailer, should it be replaced? It pumps fine but sort of stutters a bit before shutting off. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions any one may have.

You need to pull down the belly now.  It may have mold growing or water damage and needs dried out completely and the damage evaluated.  You can get suitable insulation at home centers.  Wall insulation, water heater blanket and reflective insulation are some of the possibilities.

On source of leaks is that stupid vacuum breaker on the flush line, but you should know when everything is exposed.  Report back, with photos if possible, if you need help.

The pump is minor, we can deal with it later.

Ok thanks I will pull the belly and get it dried out and replace the insulation and check  the vacuum breaker, I will let you know as soon as I find out how bad it is, thanks for the info .

I pulled the underbelly from the area and the insulation was wet, so I pulled it out and will replace it. The source was as you said, the vacuum breaker is broken at the tank, the dealership says they don't know what im talking about, there a lot of help. Is the name of the unit called a vacuum breaker ? I've included a couple pics. Any suggestions on drying the area underthere? I'm wondering if I should just cap it off because the area im working on the underbelly has been cut and accessed before, so I assume it's been replaced before. Theres no insulation under the grey tank, is that normal, or did they pull it out because it got wet and just didn't replace it?

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 9
What type of tape is best for resealing the underbelly, I've been told gorilla and Nashua tape anyone know which is best?

They are also known as backflow preventers.  They are there to prevent black water from getting into the fresh water system.  I wee the word CAMCO in the picture.  I think you may have this unit. http://www.camco.net/product/tornado-rotary-tank-rinser-10049/ 

I think your right I was just looking at the camco tornado and it looks like it's the same thing. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom