THE CHILDREN OF THE SILENT GENERATION...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyDtorch said:
So then I guess we agree.    Same as the national anthem,  That makes it perfectly ethical not to stand up for a judge in court in a court of law.

Glad we're still friends.  ;)

I have disdain for the inequalities within our justice system. If you want to protest the justice system by staying seated or taking a knee when the judge enters, I would protect your right to do so. Peaceful protest is a right under our Constitution. But let me make something perfectly clear, the athletes are not protesting the flag, national anthem or the military.

John Beard said:
Nope, cannot understand "disdain" for the best legal system in the world. To which system do you compare our system. Jeesh...

Since I am not versed in all countries justice systems I cannot, with any certainty, say ours is the best. I can say that the US justice system does not treat all citizens equal and fair.

isn't the whole damn football protest really just about not being treated equal and fair ?

I guess everyone should take a knee.

Oldgator73 said:
I have disdain for the inequalities within our justice system. If you want to protest the justice system by staying seated or taking a knee when the judge enters, I would protect your right to do so. Peaceful protest is a right under our Constitution. But let me make something perfectly clear, the athletes are not protesting the flag, national anthem or the military.

Since I am not versed in all countries justice systems I cannot, with any certainty, say ours is the best. I can say that the US justice system does not treat all citizens equal and fair.

Inequalities and you want to pass blame on the system...tsk., tsk., tsk. You have to remember that the system is staff by people, people make decisions based on their worldview. If you want to invoke change vote. If you already vote then get involved and invoke the change you so desire according to your worldview.

The protests are about a spoiled adopted child who started off having a tantrum and taking a knee out of his immaturity...the press created the drama. You folks have bought into the drama.

TonyDtorch said:
isn't the whole damn football protest really just about not being treated equal and fair ?

I guess everyone should take a knee.

I'll agree with that.

John Beard said:
Inequalities and you want to pass blame on the system...tsk., tsk., tsk. You have to remember that the system is staff by people, people make decisions based on their worldview. If you want to invoke change vote. If you already vote then get involved and invoke the change you so desire according to your worldview.

The protests are about a spoiled adopted child who started off having a tantrum and taking a knee out of his immaturity...the press created the drama. You folks have bought into the drama.

The system is the people. I do vote and I am involved. I guess you have a right to your opinion as to why Colin Kaepernick started this protest but there are some facts you are ignoring. He is protesting the treatment that many black folks are receiving at the hands of some very bad cops. He first was sitting during the Anthem but then he was approached by a former Army Special Forces and NFL player Nate Boyer. They had a meeting and Boyer ask Kaepernick asked if he would mind kneeling and not sitting. Boyer told him sitting could be misconstrued as disrespect for the flag and the Anthem. Kaepernick agreed with him and that is why the athletes now kneel. Those are the facts. Colin Kaepernick is a very magnanimous guy who gives a lot of money away to many causes. He is certainly someone I can respect.

Somehow I don't think Tom saw all this coming when he started the topic.

kdbgoat said:
Somehow I don't think Tom saw all this coming when he started the topic.

Anytime any of us post anything we can't imagine what it might morph into. I don't think anybody has been disrespectful. If so I'm sure the moderators would have shut it down. There are some of us that seem to enjoy a good back and forth. Are Tony and going to spend a Thanksgiving together? Probably not (I'll be in Spain on Thanksgiving day).

Oldgator73 said:
You can have pride in your country and still want your country to be better. We, as a country, should strive to always be better. When America was in its infancy only white men had the right to vote and hold office. It took many, many years hardship and bloodshed for people of color and women to obtain those rights. There are many examples of inequality in our history. We as a nation are getting better but we cannot just sit back and say we are done. We have to continue to work to make things equal for all as stated in the Constitution. I served my country for 36 years. I do not want that 36 years of service squandered by our country backsliding into what some call the good ole days.
:)) :)) :)) :))

Oldgator73 said:
I'll agree with that.

The system is the people. I do vote and I am involved. I guess you have a right to your opinion as to why Colin Kaepernick started this protest but there are some facts you are ignoring. He is protesting the treatment that many black folks are receiving at the hands of some very bad cops. He first was sitting during the Anthem but then he was approached by a former Army Special Forces and NFL player Nate Boyer. They had a meeting and Boyer ask Kaepernick asked if he would mind kneeling and not sitting. Boyer told him sitting could be misconstrued as disrespect for the flag and the Anthem. Kaepernick agreed with him and that is why the athletes now kneel. Those are the facts. Colin Kaepernick is a very magnanimous guy who gives a lot of money away to many causes. He is certainly someone I can respect.

I not buying any of it. Kaepernick has no more of a clue what it is to be oppressed than does the man in the moon. This is about diversion, it's about distraction, but it has nothing whatsoever about inequality. I call double bologna on all of that nonsense. 

I love how all these multimillionaire celebrities are portrayed (or Marketed) on TV as if they suffer the same hardships and injustice as the common man.

Jimmy Kimmel weeps for Obama-care..... yet he can afford a VIP suite at Cedars Sinai Medical Center.

If it wasn't for the celebrity double standard system,  O.J. would be on death row... instead of on his way back to being revered by Floridians.  ;)

Oldgator73 said:
And you sir are demonstrating classic white privilege.  If you do not like the conversation, stay out of it. 

Yes, this is a typical response:  "If I don't like what you say then you shutup."  White Priviledge? Really?  Surely you can come up with something that wasn't invented for people of your persuasion to try and put a guilt trip on others.

Bill

Dragginourbedaround said:
Didn't know there was an unnotify list.
  Below a post there is a choice to be notified for any additional posts to that thread.  You will be sent an email when there is.  If you have checked that box previously then the box will read Unnotify which you select if you no longer want to receive email updates on the thread.  At least that's how I understand it.

Bill

Bill N said:
  Below a post there is a choice to be notified for any additional posts to that thread.  You will be sent an email when there is.  If you have checked that box previously then the box will read Unnotify which you select if you no longer want to receive email updates on the thread.  At least that's how I understand it.

Bill
Thanks! I knew that, I thought maybe there was a button you could push that would stop the post from showing up in your unread feed.

Bill N said:
Yes, this is a typical response:  "If I don't like what you say then you shutup."  White Priviledge? Really?  Surely you can come up with something that wasn't invented for people of your persuasion to try and put a guilt trip on others.

Bill

What persuasion would that be?

Don't take the bait Bill.      I'm still having fun.... :)

Oldgator73 said:
Justification for the verdict?

that will work

It's probably going to be the same explanation as Clintons.....but what about truth and justice for all.

TonyDtorch said:
that will work

It's probably going to be the same explanation as Clintons.....but what about truth and justice for all.

Not sure you have the stomach for this......OJ was guilty as hell. The DA's office did a terrible job. He got away with murder then and he sweet talked the parole  board and lied his a$$ off and walked out of prison today. If he would have acted that good in the Towering Inferno it probably would have won some awards.

Yes...Then he would have had every exemption from the law .....Black,  Sports star,  Wealthy,  Liberal.... and a Hollywood star.

Peace...I'm out.

(Clinton was guilty as hell too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom