THE CHILDREN OF THE SILENT GENERATION...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyDtorch said:
I'm good with that,    after watching the O.J. trial....The next time I hear a bailiff say .."All Rise" ..... I'll be like a pro football player.... I'll  give him a one finger salute and stay seated.

Whatever blows your dress up.

Responding to the subject more than anything.. Yes. a generation or two ago I recall Nixon talking about the "Silent Majority" 

Fact is back then not many of us had a public voice. Oh you could write a letter to the editor but only a few get published, You could write your senator or representive, mayor, council man or other elected official but how much attention did they pay.

Today we have the internet and social media so every person who can type now has a Public Voice, we can all speak out on many things tha bother us.

Subject: Tangent: Respect for the flat and the anthem.....

How respectful is it to Dress in the FLag (Flag code: Flag not to be used as clothing or as part of clothign except for a flag patch on selectred uniforms) (Slightly paraphreased)

How respuctifl to brag about all the flags around you during a speech (not to be used as advertising)

Now respectful to fly the flag of ENEMIES OF THE UNITED STATES which we defeated in war?

Standing has been a treadition for only about (Rounded) 200 years

Kneeling, for over 2000 years.. I have no problem with kneeling to respect the flag..

I do have a problem with the flag of our enemies.

John From Detroit said:
I do have a problem with the flag of our enemies.

But you can't have a problem with it !.........It's my constitutional right to fly the flags of our enemies. 

if I lived next door to you I have the right do it every day in your face !                      (but as we know...some things just aren't right)

is it okay to fly the Vietcong flag....They defeated us ?

TonyDtorch said:
But you can't have a problem with it !.........It's my constitutional right to fly the flags of our enemies. 

if I lived next door to you I have the right do it every day in your face !                      (but as we know...some things just aren't right)

is it okay to fly the Vietcong flag....They defeated us ?

That's a good question. I don't think there is federal law against flying a flag from a country that is our enemy. There may be some states that you cannot do so legally. But you are incorrect Tony in saying someone cannot have a problem with something just because it is their constitutional right to do something. You have the same Constitutional rights to have said problem than the person that presented the very thing that created the problem. I hope that clears it up. Great conversation. I am giddy with excitement awaiting the next post.

Oldgator73 said:
That's a good question. I don't think there is federal law against flying a flag from a country that is our enemy. There may be some states that you cannot do so legally. But you are incorrect Tony in saying someone cannot have a problem with something just because it is their constitutional right to do something. You have the same Constitutional rights to have said problem than the person that presented the very thing that created the problem. I hope that clears it up. Great conversation. I am giddy with excitement awaiting the next post.

I picked up on the giddy a while ago.

So if a team owner has a problem with his employees...does he have the right to fire them ?

every contract has a ethic's clause in it..  is it the team owner's .. or the typical pro athletes ethics ?

if the national anthem is a part of the show...is a player obligated to participate ?

TonyDtorch said:
So if a team owner has a problem with his employees...does he have the right to fire them ?

every contract has a ethic's clause in it..  is it the team owner's .. or the typical pro athletes ethics ?

if the national anthem is a part of the show...is a player obligated to participate ?

To answer your question: If a team owner has a problem with a player.. YES he can fire them.

The Ethics clause.. Kneeling is not an ethical issue. Thus the ethics clause does not apply.

The President telling the team owner to FIRE a player to kneel is both an Ethics violation and a violation of FEDERAL LAW which strictly prohibits any elected official from doing that.. Several years in prison.

I kinda doubt that.

If our congress couldn't even put Bill Clinton in jail after being convicted of perjury in a Grand Jury trial......They're not going to throw a president in jail for running his mouth off. 

TonyDtorch said:
I kinda doubt that.

If our congress couldn't even put Bill Clinton in jail for perjury in a Grand Jury trial......They're not going to throw a president in jail for running his mouth off.

Free speech applies to the President as well.  But my gut tells me if an elected official actually manages to have someone put in jail because the individual says or does something the official doesn't like, he may end up in the slammer. 

TonyDtorch said:
I kinda doubt that.

If our congress couldn't even put Bill Clinton in jail after being convicted of perjury in a Grand Jury trial......They're not going to throw a president in jail for running his mouth off.

If you actually read about the impeachment of president Clinton you will see that Ken Starr and the grand jury were outsmarted by Clinton. In order to prove perjury one has to be very specific in their questioning and fully define all terms in such questioning. Did Clinton have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky? Yes he did. But according to the definition of sexual relations that Clinton was given to read, he did not have sexual relations, she did. Clinton did not lie, he just did not expound on his answer. His answer was based on his interpretation of the definition of sexual relations given to him by Ken Starr.

So,  you guys can understand my total disdain of our legal system. 

Thank you  :)

I just put this topic on the Unnotify list.  It is beginning to show traces of what we try to avoid - politics and argument where no ones mind is ever changed.  Just too many hard feelings are being created.

Bill

Bill N said:
I just put this topic on the Unnotify list.  It is beginning to show traces of what we try to avoid - politics and argument where no ones mind is ever changed.  Just too many hard feelings are being created.

Bill

X2

Bill N said:

Bill
Didn't know there was an unnotify list.

Bill N said:

Bill

I don't have hard feelings. One of the great things about our country is we can argue and disagree. I enjoy these types of discussions. As long as we don't call each other names.

TonyDtorch said:
So,  you guys can understand my total disdain of our legal system. 

Thank you  :)

Yeah, it could use some tweaking. The poor really get shafted. They are, in most cases, appointed a public defender that tries their best to get them to take a plea. Their defense is mediocre at best.

So then I guess we agree.    Same as the national anthem,  That makes it perfectly ethical not to stand up for a judge in court in a court of law.

Glad we're still friends.  ;)

Nope, cannot understand "disdain" for the best legal system in the world. To which system do you compare our system. Jeesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom