Extra Income

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakerBob

I'm a soon to be be retired Master Baker. My wife and I are planning on touring the Country soon in a Class A Motorhome I would like to bake and sell delicious and fresh Cinnamon Rolls every morning from our Motorhome. My question to everyone out there is, would you purchase great pastries if I was in a park around you, in the morning? I don't know if this is a good idea, or a ridiculous one. I would love some input from any campers on what you think of this idea?  Thank you so much!  Bakerbob

People who sell consumable goods are usually subject to health laws, inspections and permits.  Good idea, but one that needs to be checked out carefully.  There was one "food truck", before that became common place, in Brenda, AZ, a single lady, who sold the best breakfast burritos we had ever tasted, so it must be possible in some locations.

We were up in PA in an Amish area.  Every morning an Amish family came into the campground with a horse and wagon and sold baked good and did a great business.  The campground considered it a service to their campers and told the customers on arrival about the wagon and what time it would be there each day.

If I owned the campground I would not be real hot for your idea in fear of what it might start.  If I was a camper I would buy from you.  You need to start asking campground owners.  I think some will find it OK and some will not at all!

Usually if you are selling baked food, you need a separate kitchen from your home kitchen.  CHeck local health department for rules and licensing.

My parents have been to campgrounds in Maine that had a pie lady and a couple that did lobster boil dinners. The campground posted when they would be coming through. You could look for nearby farmers markets our co-ops.

There is a pie guy in Bar Harbor who sells homemade pies out of the back of his car. We,ve seen him in two different campgrounds. The cupcake lady had her own truck. There was trash talk involved ;)

As the camper, I'm glad to have the choice, particularly since neither campground offered anything close to what was being sold. Not sure places that offered breakfasts of any kind would feel same way...I would guess knowing the campground, in terms of whether they had their own services, would go a long way toward your success.

Back
Top Bottom