Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Aqua Hot installed sideways in Winnebago Tour - can't service  (Read 375 times)

dlhcpafb@aol.com

Aqua Hot installed sideways in Winnebago Tour - can't service
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
We have a 2015 Winnebago Tour. The hot water quit. We have an Aqua Hot 450D system.  Had a mobile authorized Aqua Hot service man come look at it and he said 1. the AquaHot component box is extremely cumbersome to get to behind the diagnostic panel that is usually on the side not directly in front. 2.   After he finally got to the box he said that it was installed by Winnebago sideways and the components that need to be serviced can only be accessed from the right side as it sits in the compartment and there is not room to get to them because the box is too close to the right side of the compartment it is in.  This is for supposedly simple recommended routine maintenance and I can't get it done.  All RV service depts. are scheduling out 2 months. I'm in a bind. Has anyone come across this before? How do you have it accessed & serviced? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Doug
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:41:45 AM by dlhcpafb@aol.com »

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
Re: Aqua Hot installed sideways in Winnebago Tour - can't service
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »
The Aquahot 450 in our Tour is installed on the left side of the coach, in the same bay as the 50 amp power cord. The status panel covers a lot of the Aquahot box itself, but the intake and output hoses go into the top, far side and forward part of the unit. There is a cleverly hidden access hole behind the Joey Bed (in the double-door compartment) that provides access to the hoses at the front of the unit. If you're having trouble getting to those hoses, open the left-side double-doors and look for that access hole.     

Kev
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:57:57 PM by Kevin Means »
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

dlhcpafb@aol.com

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
Thanks Kev.  Our's is in the same bay as yours. Have your been able to easily access the fuel spray nozzle and fuel filter from the access hole to change them out, as recommended annually? That's all we're trying to do.

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 02:21:24 PM »
The only maintenance I've ever performed on our Aquahot system was to tighten a loose fitting that was dripping glycol. To get to it, I almost completely removed the status panel. Of course, once I'd done that, I saw that access hole, which gave me easy access to the fitting (duh!) In all honesty, I know very little about servicing our Aquahot system, so it's done by the facility I use for the coach's annual service. They've never complained about access, so they must know the trick.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

dlhcpafb@aol.com

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »
OK. Thanks for your input.

Mile High

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
According to this install instruction for the 450D - Winnebago does install them wrong or sideways.  Perhaps their thinking was because the access panel can't be opened through to the outside because of the other panel Winnebago installs, they turned it sideways to access it. 

http://www.aquahot.com/files/installation_manual/AHE-450-DE4%20Installation%20Manual%2009-01-2011.pdf

Brad and Dory
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E (new to us 2016)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
FMCA 457993 / WIT W170238
Denver, CO

dlhcpafb@aol.com

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:23 AM »
Thanks Brad & Dory. You can access it if you're a small child or Rubberband Man (now that song will be in my head all day. lol)

Can you point out where in the manual that it spells that out so I can reference it?  Again, thanks so much.

Mile High

• ---
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
Thanks Brad & Dory. You can access it if you're a small child or Rubberband Man (now that song will be in my head all day. lol)

Can you point out where in the manual that it spells that out so I can reference it?  Again, thanks so much.

Figure 6 on Page 10 makes it pretty clear, but it is implied throughout the rest of that section.
Brad and Dory
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E (new to us 2016)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
FMCA 457993 / WIT W170238
Denver, CO

rbuxton

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:54 AM »
I have the same issue with my 2013 Tour. I viewed a video on the Lichtsinn RV site that discusses regular maintenance but there was no discussion as to how to remove the burner. Additionally, it appeared in the video that the 50 amp power reel was removed.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 09:46:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects