Aqua Hot installed sideways in Winnebago Tour - can't service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

We have a 2015 Winnebago Tour. The hot water quit. We have an Aqua Hot 450D system.  Had a mobile authorized Aqua Hot service man come look at it and he said 1. the AquaHot component box is extremely cumbersome to get to behind the diagnostic panel that is usually on the side not directly in front. 2.  After he finally got to the box he said that it was installed by Winnebago sideways and the components that need to be serviced can only be accessed from the right side as it sits in the compartment and there is not room to get to them because the box is too close to the right side of the compartment it is in.  This is for supposedly simple recommended routine maintenance and I can't get it done.  All RV service depts. are scheduling out 2 months. I'm in a bind. Has anyone come across this before? How do you have it accessed & serviced? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Doug

The Aquahot 450 in our Tour is installed on the left side of the coach, in the same bay as the 50 amp power cord. The status panel covers a lot of the Aquahot box itself, but the intake and output hoses go into the top, far side and forward part of the unit. There is a cleverly hidden access hole behind the Joey Bed (in the double-door compartment) that provides access to the hoses at the front of the unit. If you're having trouble getting to those hoses, open the left-side double-doors and look for that access hole.   

Kev

Attachments

• IMG_4131.JPG
    IMG_4131.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4130.JPG
    IMG_4130.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 99
Thanks Kev.  Our's is in the same bay as yours. Have your been able to easily access the fuel spray nozzle and fuel filter from the access hole to change them out, as recommended annually? That's all we're trying to do.

The only maintenance I've ever performed on our Aquahot system was to tighten a loose fitting that was dripping glycol. To get to it, I almost completely removed the status panel. Of course, once I'd done that, I saw that access hole, which gave me easy access to the fitting (duh!) In all honesty, I know very little about servicing our Aquahot system, so it's done by the facility I use for the coach's annual service. They've never complained about access, so they must know the trick.

Kev

Thanks Brad & Dory. You can access it if you're a small child or Rubberband Man (now that song will be in my head all day. lol)

Can you point out where in the manual that it spells that out so I can reference it?  Again, thanks so much.

Thanks Brad & Dory. You can access it if you're a small child or Rubberband Man (now that song will be in my head all day. lol)

Can you point out where in the manual that it spells that out so I can reference it?  Again, thanks so much.

Figure 6 on Page 10 makes it pretty clear, but it is implied throughout the rest of that section.

I have the same issue with my 2013 Tour. I viewed a video on the Lichtsinn RV site that discusses regular maintenance but there was no discussion as to how to remove the burner. Additionally, it appeared in the video that the 50 amp power reel was removed.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

I just did a nozzle change and fuel filter on my 2014 Tour. Yes a bit to get the access panel off. Only 3 ea. 1/4? bolts. Pinch off the fuel hoses. I used vise grips and protected the hose between the jaws. Undo the fuel lines. Use a proper brake fitting wrench. 7/16? Remove the control box. It just slides forward. Disconnect the electrical plugs from the burner. Loosen the 2 toggle bolts. Pull the burner out 5?  not to damage the electrodes or disc. Voila. You have access to the burner. I was able to get in sideways. Protect your side with a moving blanket or something like that. I really wasn?t more than an hours work. Now I changed all the Glycol to replace both circulating pumps. I upgraded the pumps. That was a bit more of a choir. A complete flush was 1 day. I replaced the Century green to Camco pink. It is much more reasonable in price and available.

Back
Top Bottom