Lifting sunken roof areas? (thin steel roof)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian

Hey all.  Question for my 1988 Terry Resort's roof.  It's arched wood rafters with thin galvanized steel sheets sitting on top (thanks to Gary for informing me on the right material!).

As you can see from the attached picture, I've been sealing things up and replacing the vents (Still much more work to do).  But you can see where there are sunken parts where the water is pooling.  They're mainly around the sides and the rear, but there's also a couple near the rear max-air vent, and between the AC and grey water vent etc.

Any ideas on how I can prop this back up again without ripping into the roof too much?  I've already added lots of lap sealer to most of the seams since this picture was taken. And I've applied double-strips of Dicor sealing tape (like eternabond) to the front and rear, which is why I would prefer to not rip it up.  That tape was $150 for 50 feet!  Should I just leave it alone?  I'm concerned about things not draining during the winter/spring when things start to melt.

Thanks for any advice on the matter!

PS, yes the roof has sustained some hail damage, but none of the dents created holes, so they're still good.

Attachments

• WP_20170805_18_59_51_Pro_ROOF3.jpg
    WP_20170805_18_59_51_Pro_ROOF3.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 39
:):))

As Gary said, if there are no holes or cracks and everything is well sealed, a few small puddles should not hurt.

If you're worried about drainage when it's not in use, raise or lower the tongue or run one side's wheels up on blocks to create a slope on the roof and the water will run off.

Thanks for the replies guys!  Makes me feel less paranoid about the puddles  :))

Back
Top Bottom