EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Your thoughts/opinions on a Coachmen Pursuit 27kb???  (Read 201 times)

Xmen1313

• ---
Your thoughts/opinions on a Coachmen Pursuit 27kb???
« on: August 14, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »
Currently interested in a Coachmen pursuit 27kb...seeking others opinions. What say you professionals?

Pugapooh

• ---
  • Wanna buy a truck?
Re: Your thoughts/opinions on a Coachmen Pursuit 27kb???
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
Does the floorplan work for you and whoever else will be in it?  Probably need more info to offer any useful opinions.
2006 Dutchmen Denali 29 RL fiver
2006 Dodge 2500 Big Horn
2001 GMC Sierra 3500
1996 Dodge Ram 1500

Xmen1313

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
It's not the Berkshire we walked through, but it fits the need...or want I guess would be more appropriate. Mostly curious as to others brand/quality experiences and opinions.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 09:52:11 AM »
Difficult to answer that without being offensive. The Pursuit is an entry level model, so designed and built to a relatively low price point, meaning they will skimp here and there to keep the price down. The more amenities they put inside, the more they have to skimp under the covers, on both materials and workmanship.  That sounds like I'm running down your brand choice, but I'm really just trying to set your expectation level. "Not the Berkshire" is another way of saying the same thing.

That said, I know of no reason why the Pursuit wouldn't be a decent choice for light duty RVing fun.  Weekend trips, short vacations, that sort of thing.  I've not seen many complaints at all about that brand, here or elsewhere.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 09:56:30 AM »
Are you looking at new or used? If used then our opinions don't matter. The only thing that matters is the condition of the one you are looking at. High quality does not mean longer lasting in the RV world, it mainly means more options.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Xmen1313

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »
Difficult to answer that without being offensive. The Pursuit is an entry level model, so designed and built to a relatively low price point, meaning they will skimp here and there to keep the price down. The more amenities they put inside, the more they have to skimp under the covers, on both materials and workmanship.  That sounds like I'm running down your brand choice, but I'm really just trying to set your expectation level. "Not the Berkshire" is another way of saying the same thing.

That said, I know of no reason why the Pursuit wouldn't be a decent choice for light duty RVing fun.  Weekend trips, short vacations, that sort of thing.  I've not seen many complaints at all about that brand, here or elsewhere.
You've got to go way deep to offend me!  ;)
I understand it's not a $250,000 machine, my concern is will it get me from point A to point B and back without falling apart? Im honestly not overly concerned with options/comforts as long as it has a bathroom, a bed and a TV.  I don't need the residential fridge, 4 tvs, side cameras, outdoor kitchen, etc. I just need it to stay glued together.  The vast majority of usage will be extended weekend getaways with 2 adults and maybe a 16yr old, but I do plan to take longer excursions once a yr.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 08:21:51 PM »
I understand it's not a $250,000 machine, my concern is will it get me from point A to point B and back without falling apart?

Sure.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network