Which TT to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Customjoe

Hello.  I'm New to the forum and camping.  I am looking at some travel trailers and would like some input as to quality , towability and quality. Looking at the Quicksilver 8.5x28FBA, Fury 2910 and the  Hartland Torque XLT T31.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Would be carrying 2 Harley touring bikes.

I would purchasing  TT and truck that would it the same time depending what size truck would need

Either of the three are fine with me.  I decided that the features and florplan for either is good with me.  Trying to narrow down by towability, workmanship and if they will be able to handle 2 Harley touring bikes.

Welcome to the Forum!

Quality:  Most RV are built to the same low quality standard, using components from the same suppliers.  The industry is VERY price competitive, so if one is less expensive, there is a reason!

The MOST IMPORTANT quality is FLOOR PLAN!  I suggest  a floor plan that is not just okay, but one you absolutely LOVE.

Tow Vehicle (TV) choice is a completely different topic.  I have not googled your camper choices, so I can not make specific comments.  However, if you need something bigger than a ? ton truck, seriously consider a 1 ton truck.  Within a family, the ? ton and 1 ton SRW are essentially identical except for suspension and brake components. Same dimensions inside and out.  Same option packages at the same price.  The 1 ton is less than $1,000 more expensive. The ? ton typically has a 10,000 GVWR and the 1 ton SRW has a 11,500 GVWR.  The 1 ton also has 1000#+ more Payload.  That is a small price for much more capacity!

Please read lots of threads and Library articles, and ask lots of questions!

There is a slight possibility a 3/4 ton could haul it but the question is would it be able to stop it and would it feel safe in a cross wind? Most beginners do not buy the RV they really want the first time so plan on trading in within a year or two. Most will want to go with a larger unit because the larger ones scared them at first before they found out that they spend 95% of their time living in the RV and 5% of the time driving it, therefore it is wiser to get a larger unit. RVs become even smaller when you are trapped inside for a few days because of a rain storm. If you start out with a one ton you will be able to upgrade to a larger vehicle, with a 3/4 you won't.

Back
Top Bottom