No Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin

Hey guy's been along time. I have got a problem. 06 Tour, Cat motor, left unplugged to shore power, with the battery switch at the door turned off, so no power to coach, plugged into shore power, walked away, a couple of weeks later, see that the shop has no power now. found out that it had been off for ...... a couple of weeks, so I guess right after I plugged the MH in. I find the problem, fuse at pole by the transformer is tripped, city comes out and trims trees thinking that was the problem, and gets juice back on.

so now the house batteries are good, all works in the MH, Gen starts up and works, but no chasis power, the 2 chasis batteries are not only not getting charged, although they have 12volts, when you turn the key on nothing, no dash lights, sounds, slideouts, door step, nothing.

took batteries out and they checked out to be good under a load. what am I missing? is there a fuse link, circuit breaker hidden somewhere? or is it possible that lightning hit the MH and fried something? thanks for any ideas or info. Kevin

Some coaches also have a shutoff switch for the coach battery. Did you turn that off, too by chance?

You said the chassis batteries tested good on a load tester.. Did you put 'em back in and try again..

Now this may sound funny (After one definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expeting different results) but of the 4 Times my Factory Original chassis battery "failed" with symptoms not unlike yours, and a couple more on my new battery..

Well the problem on the OEM was that they used the WRONG metal to attach to the battery (I have since modified) Corrosion happned and thus the connection failed... I cleaned and it worked.. When I replaced the battery.. I replaced the cable ends.

The new battery.. Well the problem was on the OTHER END of the cable.. But again it was the same issue, bad connection.

Removal and replacement may clean the connections enough to work..

no I didn't turn it off, but that doesn't mean that someone else didn't. ;) we got robbed back a the end of FEB. they went thru the MH outside compartments, but not inside ??? and took the safety cables and light cord that connect to the car from the MH, but not the blue ox tow bar? oh and my tire covers. hahahaha completely forgot about that switch, was thinking maybe one was hidden somewhere. I don't even get a flicker of lights on the dash and with 12volts, I should get something. lol thanks will check in the morning.

I have not put them back in yet, the jumpers and ends are all good and clean no grease, or corrosion. just seems like they are cut out of the system completely.

ok couldn't wait til morning... so I think  I found the problem, put the batteries back in, walked around to the rear of the MH opened up the rear where the shutoff switch is...(above the radiator) and there it was... well kinda the switch looks to have either been blown apart, pryed apart, or something else. so not sure if the guy's who robbed us broke it, or lightning got it or time. so I jumpered it so I could get the slide out out, so I can remove engine cover, so I can get to the back of the switch, so I can remove the nuts that are on the screws.... :'( :'( :'(

then off to buy a new one, replace it, put it all back together and move on. hahahaha thanks for the help. so simple a monkey could do it ???

kevin said:
no I didn't turn it off, but that doesn't mean that someone else didn't. ;) we got robbed back a the end of FEB. they went thru the MH outside compartments, but not inside ??? and took the safety cables and light cord that connect to the car from the MH, but not the blue ox tow bar? oh and my tire covers. hahahaha completely forgot about that switch, was thinking maybe one was hidden somewhere. I don't even get a flicker of lights on the dash and with 12volts, I should get something. lol thanks will check in the morning.

They stole the tire covers??  Now those are some thieves that you can spot.  They will have the modified little Honda with no exhaust and oversized tire covers on when they stop.?  Or they made a cool $5 selling them on eBay.  Sad they probably did more damage to the coach than they got out of it.

No Honda, pure white trash :mad: been stolen from 4 times in my life...all white trash, too lazy to work, and too stupid to take stuff that is worth something. guy has arrest warrants in New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri  and Arkansas. so far this is the only thing that I've seen damaged on the MH. Now the truck and motorcycle he stole is a different story. just glad I found the problem. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom