New to the Forum and have questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2006Baja

I am thinking about buying a RV/Camper to set up in my yard and use as a guesthouse.  I spent a lot of time travelling and camping in RVs and campers growing up, but my dad did all the set up.  Ideally, I would like to have use of the electric and plumbing.  I'm not sure how to get started.  Would I need to have an electrician install dedicated circuit for the camper?  Do Septic Companies come around to pump out the holding tanks?  I'd really appreciate some thoughts/ideas.

I am thinking about buying a RV/Camper to set up in my yard and use as a guesthouse.

Many of us have used our RV as a guesthouse.

I'm not sure how to get started.

In addition to searching our message boards, be sure to check out our forum Library and our Resources page (links in the menu above).

Would I need to have an electrician install dedicated circuit for the camper?

You could just run an extension cord from the house, but you wouldn't be able to run everything in the RV. The best case, if you're unfamiliar with electrical wiring, qould be to have an electrician install the hookup. Unless you buy an RV requiring 50 amp shore power, have the electrician install a 30 amp RV receptacle.

Do Septic Companies come around to pump out the holding tanks?

Yes, but there's no guarantee there's one in your area. Another option would be to buy a portable macerator pump that hooks to your RV sewer outlet, and pumps the waste into your home sewer cleanout.

You might also check into the legal situation. Some localities forbid such things. But if you're going to never move the unit, consider a park model, since they're more designed for that kind of use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom