Automatic Transfer Switch Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Urguy4funintheoc

Hey everyone...I'm Craig. I have a 2006 Eclipse Attitude Toy Hauler 26FSAK. Trying to find the location of the Automatic Transfer Switch. Can anyone help. Feel free to email me [email protected]
Thank you in advance for your help.

So what happened was I was hooked up to shore power and started my generator. Now everything works great with shore power and nothing with generator. Generator runs great.

Sorry, I'm not sure.  Maybe near entry door stairs?

I do know this response WILL push this question back to the top, and hopefully, get more responses.

Are you sure the camper has an auto transfer switch. Some you have to manually unplug the end of the shore power cord and plug in the cord from the generator. If you have a transfer switch, most generators have breakers on the generator themselves, usually on the side. Maybe the breakers are tripped or someone shut them off. This would not allow any power to leave the generator to get to the disconnect.

If you are unable to get an answer to the transfer switch location, then you'll have to just follow your shore power cord connection from the point it enters the trailer to the transfer switch. The specs for that model does indicate a transfer switch is included. I think most of the time the switch is near the area where the power cord enters the coach.  The transfer switch is usually an 8"x8" metal box.
Good luck.

Ok well time to update....its fixed. The damn thing fixed it?s self. One day the problem. The next it was working. Completely lost but not complaining. Thank you everyone!!!

Sounds like a relay stuck, or simply failed to energize enough to cause the auto-transfer.  It will probably happen again, but maybe not for a long time. If it gets to be a nuisance, it is time to replace either the faulty relay (if you have the skills) or the entire ATS module itself.

Urguy4funintheoc said:
Ok well time to update....its fixed. The damn thing fixed it?s self. One day the problem. The next it was working. Completely lost but not complaining. Thank you everyone!!!
Did you ever find the switch?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom