2017 Chevrolet WiFi Hotspot -- How far from car is it usable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

How far from the car is the onboard hotspot usable? If it is parked in the garage or driveway would it be usable in the house up to 100 feet?

Man does what I'm doing now support that... I am as far from the park's router as I can get in this part of the park and connected to it with a very strong (over 20DB over noise floor) Signal.. now that a SERIOUS connection.

OF course the laptops can not even detect the park router at this range.

Another variable is what the garage wall is made of.. Plaster.. Perhaps.. Steel. No way.

Best advice. Try it.

NOTE:  My Mobily turns off shortly after I kill the car.. If it did not I'd put it in here and use it. but alas.. It does.

Thanks!

I use the standard Dell laptop computer. When on the road I just have the motorhome wall. At the house I would have at least one concrete wall and a couple of standard inside walls. I do not have the service activated, just wondering if it might be worthwhile. I guess the other question is how do you keep the hotspot  on and off?

x2 what the others said, but frankly I doubt if it has anywhere near the range you are asking. it's intended primarily to cover the car interior.  And from what I understand, it's only active when the ignition is on (or Accessory). You restrict access to it via password.

This Q&A from Onstar/Chevy may answer some questions.
https://my.chevrolet.com/learn/wifi

Back
Top Bottom