RV Campgrounds Near Hearst Castle WITH FULL HOOKUPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a state park at San Simeon, but there are no hookups and there's a 35 foot length limit. The closest RV parks with hookups would appear to be in Morro Bay, approx 30 miles to the south. Several options in Morro Bay, but I haven't stayed at any of them and so can't comment.

We stayed at Bay Pines RV Park in Morro Bay last year.  They have full hook-ups.  It was an "OK" campground with quite a few older campers set up for year round use.  It was clean.  Sites were tight.  I don't believe there are a lot of options near Hearst Castle and this worked well for us.

dlshunter said:
I think the title asks it all!!!

Morro Bay is nice (actually, very nice) -- but I prefer Pismo Beach a bit farther down the coast (about 56 miles from San Simeon). I like the State Park in Pismo (no hookups), however, just next door is the Pismo Coast Village which is a pretty up scale park w/full hookups. Both are just over a sand dune from the beach -- as you can see from their website. There are a number of other parks in that area that a Google search would list for you. The two I have mentioned are the lowest and highest price wise in the area. That was $12 (Sr. discount of $2.00/nite) vs. $35. about a year ago if I recall.

From Pismo, you would go North on 101, then pick up 1 at San Luis Obispo -- up thru Morro Bay to the Hearst Castle. Good easy road all the way. BTW, the Castle is incredible -- and an example of what one can do when money is not an object. :)

We are actually staying at Pismo Dunes Village for  5 nights, but thought we would go to HC so our girls could see it.  While we are that far south, (Home base is Modesto) we thought we would try to fit this in.  Our oldest (11) was a 3-month old 5 lb premie when we went there the first time, and now both of our girls, (the other is a petite 7 yo) want to see it.

So, after I have looked into this alittle more, which is nicer & cleaner & more appealing to a lady's eyes...Morro Dunes Rv Campground or Bay Pines?

I need to make a decision soon!

I don't know anything about Morro Dunes so can't comment on it.  We found Bay Pines to be adequate, clean, secure, but not attractive.  It was very tight between parking spots.  It had full hookups which met our requirements for a few days and we spent almost our entire time away from the campground enjoying what the area had to offer.  I would guess that over half of the people parked at Bay Pines live there year round and the RVs are parked there permanently based on the structures enclosing their RVs.

I don't believe that any of the Morro Bay campgrounds are new or are what I would consider to be top notch.  We picked Bay Pines from the ad in Woodalls, made a reservation there and were satisfied but not enthralled.  Good Luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom