Crack through paint on outside of coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charger1204

The other day while walking around inspecting the coach, I spotted a very small crack (about a 1/8") in paint near the ladder area. Upon further inspection I could tell it appeared to be the result of a screw coming from the INSIDE of the coach. I went into the bedroom closet area and pulled the drawers out and then measured on the outside to see about where it could be. It appears that a screw driven in to far during the installation of the closet framing has pierced the exterior and cracked the paint. This is a 2011 Winnebago Vista 26P and I'm sure this was a defect from the factory, it just hasn't been caught until now. I went in and backed the screw out a fraction and the "bubble" from the screw point has gone down.
What I'm wondering is how to repair this so I wont have any future issues.Any suggestions from the knowledgeable folks on this wonderful site will be appreciated.

Brad

It's probably not a structural issue at all.  Cosmetically there really isn't much you can do for the cracked fiberglass and or clearcoat short of sanding and repainting that area,  It may or may not get worse.

Keep it waxed or maybe put a piece of clear vinyl over the spot.

now that the screw is out hopefully it won't get worse.

Back
Top Bottom