Black Mountain NC Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Wr spent a wonderful afternoon catching up with the Brinks. We first met them at an East Rally in Georgia in 2005. Since then we have gotten together in GA, SC, Moses Lake WA and Bar Harbor, ME.

Finished the day off with a little North Carolina BBQ.

Attachments

• 20170814_190822-800x450.jpg
    20170814_190822-800x450.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 55
So happy to see "old" friends enjoying the company of one another!  Gary, when did you have that fifth wheel when we all went north after Moab and John McGuire met that guy who lived in the canyon we camped in?  That was a fun caravan!

ArdraF

Thanks for the photo Jeff. Ditto what Ardra said about 'old friends'.

Gary, when did you have that fifth wheel when we all went north after Moab and John McGuire met that guy who lived in the canyon we camped in?  That was a fun caravan!

Indeed, Ardra, that was one of our most memorable trips. It was 1998 - we had a King of the Road 5W and towed with a Ford F250 diesel. I think we had been at the forum rally in Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park, not Moab.  Ron Ruward was our "wagon master" for that carvan.

It was good to see the picture of Brinks and Sue.  Thanks Jeff.

Yes, Gary, thanks for jogging my memory!  It was after Centermost.  What I really remember is "the gunslinger".  He was quite a character.  But the canyon we were in was really neat - and of course the company was outstanding!  What a fun trip it was....

ArdraF

Yeah, Ardra, that guy was a character right out of a western movie!

I also remember our trailer getting severely rocked by the winds that came whistling down that canyon as darkness fell and temperatures plummeted.

Indeed!  It made for an exciting evening.  I think we all enjoyed those winds.  Except maybe John.  I seem to recall the gunslinger told him to park by his place to avoid the wind.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom