Here is a silly question about flexible shower doors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SissyBoyFloyd

I have noticed again this weekend as I perused motorhomes at a San Diego show (basicly just a couple of local dealers bringing their coaches to the stadium), that many of the MHs are using those flimsy plastic sliding shower doors which are supposed to stay shut via a magnet system I believe.  I found many of them in new coaches are already hard to stay shut or didn't work at all.  However, I did find the sound that the plastic makes when you bump or shake it quite relaxing for some odd reason.  I guess I just like that sound.  Weird, huh?  It conjures up images of the universe and/or alien spaceships visiting our planet.  (Help, I think I am loosing it.)

(3 days later) 
But back to point, I got the impression that there was no way these plastic doors would last or even work for long.  My first thought, if I am right, was to just replace them with a good old shower curtain.  Replacing with a shower curtain with bottom long enough to reach the bottom of shower, would actually be more effective in several ways.  One being it would give you a couple inches or more of elbow room, even if main hall door was closed while showering.  The other thing being simply not having to fight with that plastic door trying to keep it shut/aligned correctly or whatever.

Does my thinking on this seem flawed in any way?  Or is the plastic shower door actually pretty good if put in correctly by the manufacturer, and would be better left for the dealer to correct and fix when needed?  Anyone have success with their plastic sliding doors, or have you given up on them and gone to something else to replace them?

Never had an issue with any shower door we had in any RV. And we've had a few

Since we have a solid glass door can't help you with your question, but this...

SissyBoyFloyd said:
However, I did find the sound that the plastic makes when you bump or shake it quite relaxing for some odd reason.  I guess I just like that sound.  Weird, huh?  It conjures up images of the universe and/or alien spaceships visiting our planet.  (Help, I think I am loosing it.)

(3 days later) 
But back to point

was actually funny ?

We replaced a broken sliding shower door in our coach with on Irvine pleated shower door in 2013 and it's been working fine ever since. Our door has a spring and button latch instead of a magnetic latch...

https://www.amazon.com/Irvine-3667SW-White-Shower-Door/dp/B000BGHTFC?th=1

There is no such thing as a silly question! That's a good question. We've had our Itasca Reyo 25T for 5 years, and we've used the shower nearly every day...2 people traveling. The pull-across flexible shower door has always worked great. I much prefer it to a pleated door or a solid, swing-out door. It was one of the features that really sold us on the Reyo for our 3-month trip to Alaska. Another fab feature is the pull-across screen door, which is pleated. It is wonderful! These 2 features make "living small" very manageable and enjoyable. (Along with several dozen 3M Command Hooks, of course, which I've installed everywhere you can imagine--especially the ones that hold 2 lbs and 5 lbs. Greatest invention ever!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom