1988 Honey Class A 28 ft Electrical system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trigger1950

I have a 1988 Honey 28 ft class A and unable to find the ac power panel. I know where the power converter and 12v fuse panel is located but can find no panel or circuit breakers for the AC power. Have checked in every space available, inside and outside of the Coach. Anyone have an idea?

I am a retired electrician and I just bought a new to me fifth wheel six months ago. I could not find the damn panel. And I looked everywhere. A good friend of mine (catblaster) who is a retired plumber came by to check the place out and found the panel in a few minutes. (An electrician upstaged by a plumber, how embarrassing) It turns out it was in the bathroom behind a very large mirror that was on hinges.

We had a 1992 Honey but butter my butt and call me a biscuit I can't remember where the panel was.

Have you looked under the bed?  On the pedestal?  Under the refrigerator?  In the closet?

8Muddypaws said:
We had a 1992 Honey but butter my butt and call me a biscuit I can't remember where the panel was.

Have you looked under the bed?  On the pedestal?  Under the refrigerator?  In the closet?

In the attic.  :eek: ::) ;D :D ;)

Have checked everywhere, under bed, couch, in closets, inside all cabinets, behind anything that is movable inside and outside coach.

You said you know where the converter is. Usually, the converter has it's own dedicated 110 Volt AC circuit breaker so if you can trace the power supply wires from the converter, it may take you to the circuit breaker box.
You also said you found the 12 Volt AC panel. Are there any standard circuit breakers next to those fuses?

Rene T said:
You said you know where the converter is. Usually, the converter has it's own dedicated 110 Volt AC circuit breaker so if you can trace the power supply wires from the converter, it may take you to the circuit breaker box.
You also said you found the 12 Volt AC panel. Are there any standard circuit breakers next to those fuses?
He said he found a 12 volt fuse panel. There is no 12 volt AC panel. And fuses have nothing to do with AC.

SeilerBird said:
He said he found a 12 volt fuse panel. There is no 12 volt AC panel. And fuses have nothing to do with AC.

I know that but I was just wondering if maybe they were both incorporated in the same box and maybe there was 1 or 2 110 volt circuit breakers in that same box. My box has a row of 12 Volt DC fuses AND my 110 Volt AC breakers.

There are no breakers next to the 12v panel, and the converter is plugged into a 110 outlet.  The converter and fuse panel and outlet are under the bed and from all appearances are original,

Most of the time the 120 volts breaker panel is close to where the shore power cord enters the RV.

If the power control center doesn't have AC breakers in it, look for a small stand-alone circuit breaker box.  It might be inside a cabinet or closet or possibly even in an outside storage compartment.

Finally found circuit breakers. Our motorhome has twin beds, panel is behind headboard of wife's bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom