Ouray Off-Roading Adventure August 11-18, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zmotorsports

Well, Chrystal and I are coming back again in 2018.

If any of our RVForum friends would like to join us we will be arriving Saturday August 11 and departing on Saturday August 18, 2018.  We are staying at the Ouray KOA.

This is a very informal gathering as there are so many trails and things to do in the area and weather plays such a large role in trail selections from day to day.

We would love to have our forum friends join us next year.

If interested please make your reservations soon as I understand they are already filling up quick for next year.

Mike & Chrystal

Excellent.

Looks like it is "officially" up and running.

I am told the Ouray KOA already has a waiting list as I think most people made their reservations for next year before even leaving this year.

Mike

Just to clarify, I am on there waiting list for a long pull through site. However, they did have some short sites and back in sites available. They felt I likely would get a site, as our get together is still a year away. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Susan and I are going to mark our calendars and make this one. I have a site reserved,

Back In, 30/20 Amps, Full Hookups
The most asked for full hookup site,park on gravel,surrounded by grass, beautiful mtn views. Back up on the sunny side of the stream. Jeep rentals, BBQ cafe, Breakfast.

John Beard said:
Susan and I are going to mark our calendars and make this one. I have a site reserved,

Of course you're going to be there John, because we are not!  We were just there, great rally, and you were not there.  Next year, we are going to be on an Alaskan cruise at the time of this rally.  We can never seem to cross paths anymore  :(  It's a great place!

Steve

Steve, an Alaskan Cruise is on my short list of things to do. Unfortunately my wife has her sights set on a place in Maui, and I have my eyes on a new coach, and since our accountant is pushing us to do a 1031 exchange I am losing in the negotiations for a new coach. I know it's a depreciating asset, I said, but who cares... :)

Hopefully we'll cross paths soon.

I just made a reservation - Site 78 for next year.  See everyone then.

taoshum said:
Halibut was delicious!  Thanks once more for your generosity.
You're welcome.  I'm not planning an Alaska fishing trip again next year, but plans have a way of changing. :)

We booked our reservation before we left.  I also discovered "Owl Creek Pass" on an unrelated trip to that country.

I plan to lead the trail that will include the South Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, lunch near Cimmaron CO,
then the trip over Owl Creek Pass.  The road is a county road and any stock vehicle with reasonable ground clearance
can make it easy enough.  It would be good road for those who want to attend the get together, but don't have an
OHV.  The scenery is spectacular.

Looking forward to 2018. . . . .

THEBigLarry said:
We booked our reservation before we left.  I also discovered "Owl Creek Pass" on an unrelated trip to that country.

I plan to lead the trail that will include the South Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, lunch near Cimmaron CO,
then the trip over Owl Creek Pass.  The road is a county road and any stock vehicle with reasonable ground clearance
can make it easy enough.  It would be good road for those who want to attend the get together, but don't have an

Terry and Betty will remember Owl creek Pass and the Cimarron Rd. Just a nice easy but very pretty ride.

THEBigLarry said:

Thanks Larry.  Yes, Owl Creek Pass is a very beautiful and easy dirt road.  It's been a few years since we've done that one but it will be great scenic experience for those with stock vehicles.

Mike

THEBigLarry said:

Going East on the road over Owl Creek pass is the area where part of the John Wayne film "True Grit" was made.

Good Morning Ya'all,

Jeff and I have made reservations at the Ridgway State Park for August 5-11th. We are in Site #275HA, full-hooks and a 90 ft pull-through site. There are plenty of pull-through and full-hook up sites still available. Come join us before Ouray!
Jeff and Anita

Jeff and Anita said:
Good Morning Ya'all,

Jeff and I have made reservations at the Ridgway State Park for August 5-11th. We are in Site #275HA, full-hooks and a 90 ft pull-through site. There are plenty of pull-through and full-hook up sites still available. Come join us before Ouray!
Jeff and Anita

Nice.  So you guys are gonna have a Pre-Rally, rally. ;)

Sounds like fun.

Mike

Hi, We are planning to join you at Ouray this year.  We have made reservations at the KOA checking in Aug. 11 thru 18.

Looking forward to wheeling Colorado,

Richard & Vickie Ott

rvramblin said:
Hi, We are planning to join you at Ouray this year.  We have made reservations at the KOA checking in Aug. 11 thru 18.

Looking forward to wheeling Colorado,

Richard & Vickie Ott

Excellent.  I also noticed this was your first post.

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to meeting you.  It is a great group of people, you'll love em.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom