EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Death Valley rally November 4-11 2018  (Read 1376 times)

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Death Valley rally November 4-11 2018
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »
We almost always stop in Pahrump a couple of days before going into Death Valley and after leaving to do laundry, clean the dust out of the coach and buy groceries. Oh, and gas up, fuel is EXPENSIVE in Death Valley.

Yeah, Pahrump gas and diesel is a good deal, about half what you'll pay in Death Valley and 20-30 cents per gallon lower than Las Vegas prices.   Cheaper real estate and less taxes here.   :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:01:46 AM by Lou Schneider »

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
Re: Death Valley rally November 4-11 2018
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 07:42:08 AM »
I would have thought both runways, the old one and the new one, would have been oriented in the same direction since I assume the winds haven’t changed. Maybe they oriented based on a compromise with terrain?

Take a look at it in Google Earth. I gave the explanation because I see two intersecting old runways and one new one, with one old one having the same heading (almost) as the new one and the other being angled 20º to 30º more westerly, so from your post I thought you might not understand the aircraft wind needs (guess you do, though). The new runway is just in the corner of Lou's picture, west of the highway and oasis, while looking at the whole thing in Google Earth the new one looks to be about the same heading as one old, while in Lou's picture there appears to be a very slight difference.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

Hosted by Over The Network