Removing the recliner, adding counter and storage space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
During the build of our 40SP Bus I was at the factory observing the build. I had an opportunity to talk to the head cabinet builder at the factory. I had them trade out the recliner on the passenger side next to the TV for a new matching desk and counter top. Diane really needed the extra space for her large toaster oven, and we never would use the single recliner.

The frame for the desk was pretty simple, and the counter top shop made a matching counter. At the time of the desk build the booth dinette wasn't in stock so it couldn't be installed yet. We estimated the width of the new counter and where the booth dinette would eventually be installed.

Pic -1 is the just the frame of the new counter/desk. It was a test fit prior to being installed.
When we took delivery of the Bus, we loved the added counter space and the counter/ desk area looked perfect.
Pic-2 is the completed desk, just to the rear of the booth dinette.

We also had plans to add a Wine Refer under the counter. We went to the factory service center in Red Bay, AL right from the dealer to get a few wood work items taken care of. While there I had a worker in the cabinet shop add a pull out drawer for my printer under the counter. This solved a big problem for me since we preferred having the booth dinette over the free standing table and chairs.

Pic-3 Later to finish off the space, I had about 5" next to the new counter after the booth had been installed. In keeping with the theme of maximizing all of my usable space, I added two wine glass racks between the counter and back of the booth dinette.

I still have room for a small file cabinet next to the wine refer which I haven't sourced yet.

Attachments

• P1090674.JPG
    P1090674.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 10204.jpeg
    10204.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom