Replace bathroom sink/cabinet with pedestal sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian

Being 6'2" and an avid runner/mountain biker, I have some issues squeezing myself between my bathroom wall and the cabinet under the sink when on the toilet.  The toilet is at a 45 degree angle and the corner of it is very much in the way.

I though of replacing the sink with a pedestal sink and wondering if anyone's ever seen this or done this before?  We really don't need that space under the sink for anything and would easily trade it for more leg room.  I can't seem to find anything online.  I thought of maybe a small one from Ikea, but those are not made to be installed in a camper, and I'd imagine they're much heavier than I would want.

Anyone have any ideas?  Should I just build a smaller box below the existing sink maybe?  I'd honestly rather buy and install, but I'll do what needs to be done.

There is probably a drain vent pipe with an air admittance valve under the sink cabinet, so you would need to accommodate that (or substitute for it). Building a smaller cabinet might be the easiest solution, but shop around online. There are a zillion sink styles and sizes, far more than the home centers typically carry or advertise. Smaller cabinets, too.

There are open-style bowl sinks as well, ones that just sit in a frame.

Or there is the tried and true solution: buy a bigger RV!

Thanks Gary!  And no we won't be buying a bigger RV lol  We like the smaller one because we like tenting sites vs the large open fields with no privacy.  I'll check for that vent.  Unfortunately it's hard to find good RV parts in Canada that aren't super expensive...  Not much available online for us either unless we ship from the States, but then we have to pay border duties etc...

Back
Top Bottom