RV Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micbob

Going to RV show this Sunday. Show is Friday thru Sunday. Is it worth going on last day? Worried they would have sold or moved most of the class A's leaving little to look at. Thanks

Buying at a show is not generally a good idea. There is nothing special about the deals they offer at a show. They aren't going to sell them cheaper just because it is a show. And all they have is new RVs at shows. Most will tell you newbies are much better off starting with a cheaper used unit to figure out what they really should have bought in the first place.

Thanks! Are sole purpose in going is to look and get an idea. We have no intentions in buy that day. Was more concerned about selection to see being available as with first day

As mentioned, shows can be great for research... but DON'T be pressured into buying then/there.  Any deal you see at the show, you can get year-round with a little negotiation (although of course the salespeople won't tell you that).  And I agree that a gently used RV is a much better choice overall, especially for first time buying.  It's probably all I will ever own.  ;)  I just can't bring myself to take the huge depreciation loss the first few years, not to mention that I avoid debt/payments at all costs and having that much cash on hand (for a brand new RV) will likely not be the case either for me.

I had a different experience buying at a RV show. We did go the last day, and took our time looking around. We walked the whole show, and found a TT that we liked, with some changes.  We also didn't go for "show price" just because it was listed as such.  We sat in the rig, and wheeled and dealed with the salesman, and then the factory rep.  They were shutting off the lights in the show closing up, and we still hadn't signed.  Finally the salesman came back in with the price we wanted, and the changes we wanted.  It worked out great, and we picked up the coach about 4 weeks later, right off of the assembly line. 

It can work for you, as long as you keep your wits about you and don't buy the salesman rush job.

Back
Top Bottom