Having electric socket issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob M

I have a 1990 Fleetwood Tioga on a Ford chassis. I only have one electric outlet working in the RV. I have checked the fuses under the sink next to the breaker box in the bathroom. Is there anywhere else I can look to see what is going on? Thanks in advance.  Rob M

Fuses are irrelevant anyway - it's the 120v circuit breakers you need to chack when 120vac wall outlets have no power. That, plus the GFCI that SeilerBird mentioned.

In Every RV I have been in including some that qualified for "Historic Vehicle" registratrion it's been breakers on the 120 volt side of life.  Every one. No fuses, just breakers.. Have not seen Fuses used in new construction since I can't remember when.  Possibly 1970 but I think it was older than that.

Now: GFCI.. All RV's have at least one.. Usually in the "head" (Bathroom) some have 2 or 3, I have one now will have 2 when I get round 2 it (Have 2nd, just not yet installed)

Screws loose.. Many RVers have a few screws loose... On my Rig when it was NEW and I mean NEW I had issues with the Air Conditioners.. Turns out the screws that clam the wires in the Power Distribution Center (Breaker box)>.. Well some of them I do not thing they even tried to tighten them at the factory  THREE FULL TURNS and then some before they were tight.  And in a couple other places as well.

Those are my suggestinons

Breakers
GFCI (2nd one hidden somewhere)
Screws loose.

Oh, and on edit an after thought.

RV's (And in fact many buildings) are generally wired like this

Breaker box=====Outlet 1=====Outlet 2====~~-==Outlet N

Sometimes there can be 4 or 5 or more outlets all daisy chained

Plug a Space heater into say Outlet 3 and the el-crapo Quick Box punch down connetion in Outrlet 1 or 2 (or 3) can burn out taking everything down-line off line.

Rob M said:
I have a 1990 Fleetwood Tioga on a Ford chassis. I only have one electric outlet working in the RV. I have checked the fuses under the sink next to the breaker box in the bathroom. Is there anywhere else I can look to see what is going on? Thanks in advance.  Rob M

Rob M
Look for a tripped curcuit breaker on your inverter... if you have one.
On some RVs the campground power "passes through the inverter" on the way to the receptacle(s)/outlet(s)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom