2018 Dynamax Force

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rltiller

just purchased a 2018 Dynamax Force and spent the last three days trying to hook up the Direct TV. Today after climbing on the top (I am female)I checked the setting under the dome (correct) and then hooked up a coaxial cable directly into the coach thru the door, I was finally able to receive the signal and watch TV. I assumed the wiring from the dish into the coach was faulty but after seeing a couple of posts I'm beginning to think maybe there is some other factors involved.  I am exhausted and new to the forum so searching the threads hasn't given me the info I need. The Winegard book The dealer gave me has a simplistic setup but I see lots and lots of cables everywhere. i would like to watch Satellite in the front and outside if possible. There is an HDMI hanging in the box built for the receiver in the front.  There are a gazillion cables behind the front tv and bedroom tv. (Optical, red/yellow, HDMI) if someone can just tell me what to plug in where, etc... also I am confused about the black Winegard plate above the on/off switch. Should the green light be "On" only for Hookup or "on" for satellite? Thank you for any help. I'm desperate.

Are there two cable connectors?  One that works for the antenna and cable hookups.  If the LED is lit the signal comes from the antenna, off it comes from the cable connection.

Is there another plate with the same kind of connector but without any buttons. (Perhaps the one that says Winegard?). That is probably a direct line to the satellite dish.

We had a fifth wheel that required a jumper to get the satellite connection to work.  I had to call the manufacturer to learn about it.

HDMI would be the preferred connection from the sat receiver to the TV(s) but the three RCA connectors will work for standard definition satellite.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom