Norcold 1200 refrigerator fan wiring question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arch Hoagland

I have a pre 2006 Norcold 1200 refrigerator that the two cooling fans on the condenser ceased operating after the refrigerator was worked on for a heating element problem.

Research has led me to believe the tech installed the black and white wires that supply 12 volts to the fans incorrectly.

If someone who has a 2005 or older RV with the Norcold 1200 refrigerator could look at their control board tell me how their board is wired I'd sure appreciate it. There are two wires that go to the fans....a black and a white.

As you look at the control board is the black wire on the right or left connector?

You can see the wires without removing the cover on the control board.

You may have a bad thermostat, or incorrect/open wires to thermostat and fans. The Norcold 1200 service manual is pretty complete on wiring - get it at
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1200.pdf

You'll find the disc thermostat attached to one of the topmost heat exchanger fins.  Simply short the two pins together and see if the fans start up.  I think they switch at 120-130F.

Replacement parts are easy to find on Amazon or eBay.

I'm pretty sure they are simple computer style DC fans.  If they were wired backwards they would run backwards.  I found a picture in Gary's link that shows the black wire on the left and white on the right but I'm not sure those are the two terminals you're asking about.  12v and ground formthenfans are not on two adjacent connectors.

8Muddypaws said:
You'll find the disc thermostat attached to one of the topmost heat exchanger fins.  Simply short the two pins together and see if the fans start up.  I think they switch at 120-130F.

Just hook up the wires and see which way the fans turn. They should be blowing up drawing cool air in from the bottom access door and out the top. If you can get to the thermostat, just like previously said, just put something across the two terminals. It can be a screwdriver, a piece of wire with the ends stripped or just a narrow strip of sheet metal. If you can remove the T stat, just connect the wires and submerge part of it in hot water to see if the fans start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom