20th Anniversary Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kev12

My wife and I will be traveling to Vermont/Maine from Alabama for our 20th wedding anniversary, 3000 miles round trip. The longest trip we have taken up to this point has been about 500 miles round trip. Any advice for such a long trip? How many miles per day do most drive? We want to do some brief sight seeing during this trip but are limited on our days(10-11 days). We will be traveling during October. My truck is a 2500 Ram 5.7 and trailer weighs roughly 5500lbs dry. I plan on filling the water talk about half way full. Thanks

10-11 days and 3000 miles means you will be doing a lot more driving than camping. Seasoned travelers like to drive no more than 300/day (200-250 preferred), so that you arrive fresh and have time to relax and enjoy the surroundings. Understand that you don't have the luxury of unlimited time, but it makes it difficult to see & do much. You will probably need another vacation to rest up after that trip!

Be prepared for cold weather - New England in October is a far cry from Alabama. You will be using the furnace a lot!

Some campgrounds will be closed by then, so check availability along your route.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom