Interesting article:Truck Camper sales, treatment by RV industry associations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VallAndMo

Hello folks,

Just came across this:
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/08/publisher-truck-campers-getting-no-respect/

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Definitely a great article. We sent in our feedback since we're looking at purchasing a truck camper. We would have never even known truck campers existed had we not seen one on the dealer lot.

We keep arguing over the type. I'd like an Arctic Fox, either the 865 non-slide model or the 1150 with the large slide. Both would require a one ton dually. He doesn't want a dually and wants to get a lighter camper that would go on a 3/4 ton truck. I'm not as thrilled with the other brands of campers as I am with the Arctic Fox models. I also like the Eagle Cap 1200 (king sized bed & recliner chairs!), but again, need a one ton dually.

We just went on our first RV trip renting a Class C. I think a truck camper would give us the benefits of the Class C but the flexibility to drop the camper and use the truck as a second vehicle when we're not camping.

Did you & your wife decide on the model you want to purchase? I know you mentioned looking at the North Star models. How's the search going?

Hi SopranoKris,

Thanks for your comments. We're in the opposite situation here re:duallies: while we'd both prefer a srw if it was a non-compromise decision, the fact is that a SRW's much lower rear GAWR would seriously limit not only our initial rig total size and features, but also any future upgrade possibilities.

This makes me (Vall) willing to bite the DRW bullet right from the start, while DW (Mo) thinks we should still try to stick with a SRW.

We're still waiting for our visas so we can move to the US and start our full-time RV life (see this thread here if you are curious), and we're going through the last stages of downsizing and selling real estate and other stuff, so the search for our ideal rig has moved into the back burner for now. We plan on restarting our search for the perfect rig for us when we're nearer to the move... The Northstar 12STC is currently our favorite.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom