Time to spread our wings road triping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CB

Hi All, It's time to spread our wings and see this beautiful country. Been local camping, now we want to do extended traveling, month or longer. Don't want to worry about getting from point A to B in record time, but take a fun route that will eventually get us there and let us explore the things you don't see from the interstates. The plan is to travel from PA, up thru northern MI. across Wisconsin to Minn.

So my question is, what apps are good to use for planning or websites? Appreciate any information you can share. Thanks...

Lots of choices for maps & roads and everybody has a favorite. Finding things to see & do along the way is a bit different, though. I find the simply Googling a city/town/county name usually finds some web pages showing attractions, shopping, restaurants, etc. in that area. And once you have some names of things that sound interesting, further Google (or Bing or Yahoo) search will find more info.

I prefer to take a laptop and use that for my planning. Phones just don't have enough real estate and are difficult to type on. Google Maps works best for me.

I use Google Maps, RV Park Reviews, RV Parky and my Garmin RV660.  You can pull up the first 3 on your laptop while traveling if you need to make a decision on the go.  Very handy.  Happy RVing everyone.

We just finished our trip to northern MI & the U.P. You can see my reviews of the MI campgrounds we visited in the Destinations & RV Parks forum: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,108058.0.html

We used Google Maps to plan our trip and was our GPS with no issues. Route 22 was closed in some parts and it already had the detour route on our directions, which was convenient.

Have a great trip, enjoy :)

We come up with someplace interesting we'd like to visit, then get on Allstays camp and Rv app to checkout campgrounds in the vicinity. if our target destination is farther away than we want to drive in a day, we use Google maps and Allstays to find suitable spots to stopover for the night. You're right to take your time and not get in a hurry. There's lots to see and do out there!

We us Google Earth (GE) for many things while RVing, including checking out our intended destinations.  The wife will research RV parks/campgrounds/boondocking areas and I'll check them from the air using GE.  More than a few times the online description of a possible destination didn't quite match the view from above.

I wanted to share a few choice RV parks that have been nice for repeat visits. 1. San Diego RV Resort. This place is in the heart of San Diego and out the back gate is the Trolley stop.  Trolley usually costs about $5/person for the day unlimited and is great for RV'ers that don't want to drive around or only have an RV they want to stay put.  2. Wahweap RV Resort in Page, AZ.  This is on the banks of fantastic Lake Powell.  The views are majestic and most spots have semi-circle pads that you can pull in and pull thru.  It is also terraced so you can enjoy the panorama.  3. Sedona Ranch RV Resort.  This place is gorgeous and completely shaded.  Close walking distance to most of Sedona's artistic stores and eateries.  Park rates seem very reasonable.  Hope anyone can enjoy these.
Paul

Back
Top Bottom