Electrical outlet problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clockdrfla

Electrical outlet quit working this morning.  Coffee pot light went out.  Checked all breakers and re set every one.  There is a 15 amp fuse red light that is on.  Fuse checked ok but replaced with a new one anyway.  Red light still remains on. What is going on?

What does that fuse power?  It may have something to do with power management, e.g. a 30A load manager, and that could in turn effect the 120v power to outlets. Otherwise, a fuse wouldn't have anything to do with 120v power.

What about a GFCI for that outlet, either at that outlet or upstream (bathroom is a likely place)? Or is it perhaps powered through an inverter? 

What sort of RV type and model are we talking about?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
What does that fuse power?  It may have something to do with power management, e.g. a 30A load manager, and that could in turn effect the 120v power to outlets. Otherwise, a fuse wouldn't have anything to do with 120v power.

What about a GFCI for that outlet, either at that outlet or upstream (bathroom is a likely place)? Or is it perhaps powered through an inverter? 

What sort of RV type and model are we talking about?
It was the GFCI in the bathroom.  Red light still on in breaker box.  Label reads lp by 15 amp fuse that remains on.  2012 Open Range 398rls

anytime you lose power the first thing to check is a GFCI receptacle.  .

TonyDtorch said:
anytime you lose power the first thing to check is a GFCI receptacle.  .
Yeah, I knew that.  I pushed the one in the bath but pushed the wrong button. Was doing it without glasses and kind of in the dark.?

Rene T said:
Are you saying it's fixed now?
Partially.  The outlet works but I have a red light on in my breaker and fuse box.  Normally the red light indicates a blown fuse.  Fuse seems ok.  Replaced with another fuse.  Red light still on.  Could be both fuses are bad but not likely.  Don't have a meter to check them.  Any way, what are reasons why red light remains on?

he may have two separate problems,  But the coffee pot not working is a huge problem to me.

The red light/15 amp fuse sounds like a problem on the 12 volt side of things.    With enough coffee you'll find it... ;)

If you have a red light but the fuse is not blown, something else is wrong with the fuse holder set-up.  This article explains how the fuse indicator light works.

http://www.sprecherschuh.com/library/techdocs/posts/2013/09/ambus-dual-led.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom