Going RV tv show on GAC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DigitalVI

So last night I plop down in my chair to watch some TV.  While channel surfing I come across "Going RV" on Great American Country.  The show has a family, some times with kids or pets, that wants to start RVing.  Some want a Class A or Class B or Travel trailer.

They drive into a dealer,  find a sales person, look at three options, and make a decision and purchase.

Most of these people are new to RV's and the lifestyle.

My wife and I have been looking for our first TT since May and have seen many in person and a lot more on the internet. Deciding on a floor plan and size took a month or two. Now wants vs needs is coming into play.
I feel we have a ways to go to find the TT that we like and will fill our needs.

Does anyone here think they could have walked into a dealer, looked at three options and make a purchase the first time they bought an RV?

Dan

I'm pretty sure that the show is half-reality, like almost all reality tv shows.  It seems to be modelled on house hunters.  I do like watching to see ideas for our next (retirement) RV.  I've seen a lot of features that I think I want and some that are just silly to me.

I would rather see a real reality show of real RV'ers, or a "This Old RV" series, or maybe a real tech working on real problems on RV's. Not one of these guys that are are just another pretty face that can speak well and follow a script working on new equipment in a spotless fake shop.

I did.  I knew I wanted a class C, no slides.  I visited a dealer display and looked at several different options.  Found what I wanted and made the purchase right then and there.  And the DW wasn't even there but gave her OK over the phone.  Best decision I could have made.  I was able to start RVing within a week, didn't have to wait weeks or months while we hemmed and hawed over the purchase.  My rule - when you find what you want buy it.  Happy RVing everyone.

I feel sure it's done like House Hunters. The end choice has already been selected before they even shoot the show. Some of the houses that are shown as a choice never were really a choice. It's all scripted and done to make a reality show.

So, I'll bet the couple/family have already gone through the search process to choose their RV before the cameras start rolling.

Dance Chick said:
I feel sure it's done like House Hunters. The end choice has already been selected before they even shoot the show. Some of the houses that are shown as a choice never were really a choice. It's all scripted and done to make a reality show.

So, I'll bet the couple/family have already gone through the search process to choose their RV before the cameras start rolling.

ABSOLUTELY!  I can't believe a sane person would look at ONLY 3 choices, none of which are a perfect fit, then spend big bucks for a bad choice!  That is where practically new trade ins come from!

You notice in Larry's post, he already knew what he wanted, and found it.

We pretty much did online research for used RV's based on our budget and what they had in stock. Went and looked at 3 that fit that budget and bought what we thought was the best deal of the 3.

But yes that show probably is partial reality, partial scripted. I know for a fact that my wife or I never crawled into the understorage to see how large or small it is.

I spent almost a year researching, visiting RV dealerships and RV shows before DW decided what we wanted. 

I've seen the casting calls for people to appear on that show where they are looking for people who have already purchased an RV in the last 6 months.  I've also seen conversations online from people who have appeared on the show that confirm that.  And, I've also been on the grounds of the RV dealership while they have been filming the show.  So, yes, the reality in the show is not real.  But, it's still fun to watch.

Really,every couple has to climb in the storage compartment and see if they both fit in the shower!  Who would actually do that?

I would love to see a show where they actually GO camping.  Setting up,figuring stuff out,tips and repairs.  Getting a sense of what different CGs are like.

And stop showing them rigs that are not close to what they said they wanted!

We saw a lot of RVs at a show before we had a good idea what really worked for us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom