older 2004 fleetwood 20 footer to get rid of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gopher

Have a 20 ft 2004 fleetwood travel trailer with lots of problems. It is stored in south king county washington state.  it was my first trailer and a sum-what expensive lesson learned.....

i think the problems are bad enough no one will buy the whole trailer. last fall and winter 2016/2017 had 5 new tires put on it and they have less than 5 miles on them. installed a new water heater and as yet it has had no water run through it. it has 2 - 1 year old 6 volt batteries for dry camping and 2 full propane tanks. the refer works when on shore power but have not used it since summer of 2016 so not sure about the propane side of the refer.

as i am new at this any suggestions on how to dispose of the trailer and maybe at least re-coop some of the money if not all of my money that went into the above parts?

Thanks for the help

PS: the roof needs lots of repair work now and to much dry rot has been discovered in the flooring in the last 2 and 1/2 months. that is why I'm getting rid of it.

I think you will get the most out of it if you part it out. Take out the stuff that works and sell on e-bay or craigslist. Too bad about the tires. Can you get some used tires to replace the new ones and use those elsewhere? After you salvage what you can, give the trailer to someone who wants a BIG project. Or you could read this thread and make the necessary repairs as the author did, in spite of his misgivings about his ability to repair his trailer.

You would be shocked at the prices I have seen people pay on an E-Bay auction for an older RV.

Put it up there and run an auction before you try to part it out.

Parting it out is like a fulltime career. You will seriously earn every penny you finally get parting it out.

Include tons of pics and highlight all the monies spent thus far. You might be surprised what you get. Let me know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom