Bless Her Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

Residents and campers where I am now staying see me zipping around the park on my bicycle, hauling garbage out and sometimes groceries in. Many times my crazy little dog is riding with me. He loves the wind in his fur.

A nice lady on an adult tricycle stopped me to admire my bicycle and it's cargo carrying capacity. Matter of fact I give the office free entertainment when they see me load up a package received and pedal off on my bicycle.

Anyhow this delightful lady was saying all these nice things about my bicycle. Then she announced "I had to give up my two-wheeler and get this tricycle. I was afraid of falling off and breaking something. My last birthday I turned 96 and I figured it was time to switch. "

Oh my gosh! I hope when I am 96 I am living in my RV with wheels to ride. She did not look 96 so I asked her "Did you just say 96 or 66?" She assured me she was 96, but that there was one other lady in the park older than her, and she didn't ride a bicycle anymore. So she was not the oldest in the park. This clarification was apparently important to her.

Bless her heart!

I guess riding a bicycle can add years and decades to your life!  ;D

Attachments

• How to haul a big box home.jpg
    How to haul a big box home.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 118
  • How to haul a heavy box home.JPG
    How to haul a heavy box home.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Spring Cleaning Garbage Haul.JPG
    Spring Cleaning Garbage Haul.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 119
Dutch,  I don't think she's trying to sell her bicycle.

Love it!

That's not the same e-bike conversion you used to have is it?  i thought I remembered a thread a long time back about a front hub conversion you rode....  I've been thinking of getting one ever since....

I have this bike now.  I ordered it form amazon when I couldn't find one I liked locally.
I hate the bike (heavy and doesn't ride well) but I love the rack on the front.  I wish it had some shallow side bars to help contain smaller stuff just a bit....but I haul firewood, trash, all sorts of things on it.... Don't even have to bungee most things.  I call it my pick-up truck when we are RV-ing....

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
Reminds me of our 90-year old Lazy Daze owner who was run off the road by a truck and rolled down an embankment.  Luckily she was not hurt - but the next day she called Lazy Daze and ordered a new one!  She finally hung up her keys a few years later, not because SHE couldn't do it anymore, but because she couldn't find people to hire to do some of the maintenance things she needed done.  So, bless this lady in Miss M's park.  She's able to do it because she doesn't give up on herself!

ArdraF

In those pictures, the electric front wheel kit is not attached. I removed it to mail back to the vendor for repair. They have now returned it and I have back on again. Heaven on earth to have the electric assist when I need it, especially in traffic. Also I can keep up with some of my super athletic friends on bicycles without slowing down the crowd.

I had the kit on a Schwinn and then moved it this Day 6 bicycle. Th Day 6 bicycle is the most comfortable ride imaginable. I can put my feet flat on the ground without leaving my seat. The high handle bars mean no pressure on my wrists and hands. Th seat back is comfy and gives me strength to push the pedals easier.

The Clean Republic electric kit is available at Amazon and I fully recommenced it. You can slice right through head winds with heavy cargo attached. It helps go uphill and helps maintain speed when cruising around in high gear, you can take a breather and let the electric assist keep you moving.

I pedal more and get out more because the electric assist gives me supreme confidence that I will get where I am going and get home too.

In the Florida Keys last spring, it was a ton of fun, traveling with my friend and we both had bicycles to tour with. I could keep up with whatever he wanted to do (he's very athletic) and just recharge my battery when we got back to camp.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=clean+republic+electric+bike+kit&sprefix=clean+republic,aps,222&crid=NOQARTGS1ZJS&&linkCode=ll2&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=53fa3b29f680ccb5d305ccc7da611255

Lately it's been hot and humid, I can make speedy fast trips on my bicycle to the grocery store or the dumpster etc. I plan to tackle a trip to town next.

You shiny yellow pickup bicycle is awesome. You can add metal paniers to the rear rack to have more cargo carrying capacity. Most have hooks that just slide on and off like my baskets. I can slide the whole basket off the rear to carry inside to empty out groceries or carry inside the grocery store to load it up.

They make wire paniers that appear more masculine, as well as leather, nylon, canvas, wicker and so on.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wire+panniers+bicycle&rh=i:aps,k:wire+panniers+bicycle&linkCode=ll2&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=c215d19518bfb76b5b8780766b1a7ab1

I'm like a little kid, I enjoy adding stuff to my bicycle like streamers, headlight, rear light, my seat back has built in back pack, I have nice drink holder, a camera mount and so on.

Sometimes I wear long scarves as head bands, so they are blowing in the wind as I pedal by.

Here are two pics, both with same electric kit. When I sold the Schwinn, I kept all the baskets and electric kit to use on my new Day 6.

Attachments

• Schwinn.JPG
    Schwinn.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Day 6 Bicycle.jpg
    Day 6 Bicycle.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 62
SeilerBird said:
I have one question about bikes. Why is it that the sex with the cajones gets the bicycle with the cross bar? :eek:

Because it takes cajoles to ride one.

IKEA sells bikes with a little trailer. I think, with the trailer, they go for about $500.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=ikea+bicycle+picture&fr=yfp-hrtab-900&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asa&.tsrc=yfp-hrtab-900

SeilerBird said:
I have one question about bikes. Why is it that the sex with the cajones gets the bicycle with the cross bar? :eek:

I've always wondered the same thing!!!!

And as I get older I like more and more these new "gender neutral" frames with the lower cross bars.  Just easier to get on and off the things.....

Oldgator73 said:
IKEA sells bikes with a little trailer. I think, with the trailer, they go for about $500.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=ikea+bicycle+picture&fr=yfp-hrtab-900&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asa&.tsrc=yfp-hrtab-900

I Never remember seeing bikes at ikea before.  Interesting!

Love that bike with your dog in the front basket and the electric assist hub. Wow!

OK, so cajones have nothing to do with it. Women used to have some class and wore skirts when riding a bike. The lower bar is to keep from showing their panties when they get on and off the bike. Men used to be stronger and need that higher bar to keep from bending the bike.  ;)

Structurally it's easier to make a bicycle with a cross bar.

But that is rather inconvenient for numerous reasons.

Women's bicycles with the cross bar changed to a roughly 45 degree angle were often called sissy bikes.

Now they are called STEP THROUGH bicycles as their popularity has soared with the older male crowd.

Day 6 bicycle, which is what I own, only offers the step through model since it's billed as a comfort bike.

Without all the baskets, my Day 6 looks more masculine.

Forget the gyms and fussy exercises at home. Get yourself a bicycle. Improve your health, muscles, circulation, stamina, breathing. Once you get past the torture, it is FUN!

When I first got back on a bicycle after 40 years of not riding, I could only do short rides. Each time I came home in  pain in a different area as my muscles began adjusting to the exercising. Now I can't imagine life without getting on my bicycle at least 6 times a week and often 2-3 times a day.

At the time I rescued my little mutt, I had no idea he would eventually become a bicycle companion. If your dog weighs over 10 pounds, you might be able to train him to ride on a rear rack basket. Some people use trailers to pull their dog along.

I used to live 2 miles from a dog park and I took the doggy by bicycle every day to go romp with other canines.

Sometimes we have ridden to restaurants with outdoor seating and they've allowed him to sit under the table with his water bowl.

When my friend with a camper van invited me to the Florida Keys for 2 weeks, I said yes, but only if my bicycle can go too. We found a way to strap two bicycles to the rear of the van on a cargo carrier. Of course doggy went along too. The Keys are super bicycle friendly with many paved paths.

After meeting the lady riding her bicycle at 96, I feel like I should get out more and ride more. I want to live to 96 too!

There is even a popular 2 wheeled push scooter with cargo capacity  for the Amish ladies and their long dresses.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=fashion-womens&field-keywords=amish+made+scooter+bike&rh=n:7147440011,k:amish+made+scooter+bike

Attachments

• amish scooter.jpg
    amish scooter.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 12
I've wanted one of these but they are quite well expensive. They a pretty popular in Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WorkCycles-Cargobike-delivery.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom